3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smarty stacked with Edge J/A

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty stacked with Edge J/A

This may be a dumb question but here it goes... I currently have the Edge J/A but I would like to move onto the Smarty so I can join the SAC club (J/K). Does the Smarty and the Edge play well together? If not can I run just the Smarty and use the Edge J/A for guages? I dont really want to buy all new gauges and a Smarty at the same time.

Thanks,

Eric
Old 07-20-2008, 09:14 PM

you can use the attitude for gauges
Old 07-20-2008, 09:16 PM

Right, but I think the question was more along the lines of can they be stacked together or will there be too much timeing or pressure or anything like that? I am also curious as I hear only great things about Smarty.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:41 PM

Considering how hot the Juice gets compared to the smarty I would say it doesn't do enough timing by itself.

Running them both with timing could be bad however. So I would just use the edge for gauges. JMHO.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:15 PM

what about running smarty on non-time adding numbers?
Old 07-20-2008, 10:51 PM

It will work. Use the search button.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:30 PM

This is pretty much the set up I run with, right now I have the TNT/R, Chatcher #5 (default settings) and the Edge at level 4. It seems to give me the best driveability, and response. I also have an TST PMCR 49 that I run too at times, but I think I like the edge better. I think the TST will have better top end but it seems to be a pig on the bottom with the smarty.

I just pulled my truck for the first time this past weekend (since new motor) and I pulled Smarty #5 (tnt/r) level 4 edge and the most I saw for exhaust temp were 1500*, and it ran really good!

Dustin
Old 07-21-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Snoxracer
This is pretty much the set up I run with, right now I have the TNT/R, Chatcher #5 (default settings) and the Edge at level 4. It seems to give me the best driveability, and response. I also have an TST PMCR 49 that I run too at times, but I think I like the edge better. I think the TST will have better top end but it seems to be a pig on the bottom with the smarty.

I just pulled my truck for the first time this past weekend (since new motor) and I pulled Smarty #5 (tnt/r) level 4 edge and the most I saw for exhaust temp were 1500*, and it ran really good!

Dustin
There is a known problem with the TST and Smarty TNT or TNT/R. Too much overlap on the duration side and it loses power. TST is supposedly working on a fix but it's vaporware right now.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by White97GTVert
There is a known problem with the TST and Smarty TNT or TNT/R. Too much overlap on the duration side and it loses power. TST is supposedly working on a fix but it's vaporware right now.
Thanks thats nice to know! I thought something wasn't quite right!

Dustin
Old 07-21-2008, 02:13 PM

Bad-duvall dynoed with the Juice Attitude and Smarty stack and lost power with the Juice on.

As far as the Smarty TST stack, I picked up about 50 HP adding the TST. That was before the TNT version came out though.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by lcaad1249
Bad-duvall dynoed with the Juice Attitude and Smarty stack and lost power with the Juice on.

As far as the Smarty TST stack, I picked up about 50 HP adding the TST. That was before the TNT version came out though.
You can't blame the Juice for that necessarily. The truck has to be set up for it and you have to choose the right combo of settings. People have lost power adding the TST to the Smarty also. There are also a lot of people with the right combo that have added power with the TST to the Smarty.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
It will work. Use the search button.
I did use the search button and did not find the awnser I was looking for
Old 07-21-2008, 05:18 PM

its known that they dont mix well at all.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by mulisha
its known that they dont mix well at all.

I remember in the Smarty begining it was stated that they did not work well together. Lately I've been hearing guys state that they work great together and some guys say no. I was just wondering if the newer Smarty software was compatible with the Edge or anyone had any personal experience
Old 07-21-2008, 09:36 PM

Whatever has changed in what Marco is doing with programming from about a year and a half ago has allowed the Juice to work with the current programming. I'm not saying that a combination of the two will net you more overall power than the TNT tune by itself - because I have yet to dyno for proof. What I will tell you is that you can run the Smarty on a lower setting and then use the Juice to adjust additional power in. Previously, at least on my truck, it didn't matter what sw was loaded, the Juice did nothing. Now it will.

Quick Reply: Smarty stacked with Edge J/A