3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

smarty says locked!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smarty says locked!

I uploaded the tnt software off the download section on mads and it had the timing pop so i switched back to the 4.4 tune and the smarty driver said that the upload was successful but when trying to upload into the truck the smarty says locked and will not let me do anything. thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 07:49 AM

I need help guys
Old 07-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
You gotta call the man...

http://shop.wagnerandassociates.biz/...6.qscstrfrnt05
Old 07-28-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by carte89
I uploaded the tnt software off the download section on mads and it had the timing pop so i switched back to the 4.4 tune and the smarty driver said that the upload was successful but when trying to upload into the truck the smarty says locked and will not let me do anything. thanks
You may not be able to go back. I have a TNTR tune that Bob sent me last December, I have not loaded it yet, because if it does not work/behave well, the question remains, whether or not you can go back.

Some 03/04 trucks can ,others cannot.....

Before you panic, adjust your options, do not use defaults for timing, select timing 3, then reload the SW# and try it again. Remember, THE OPTIONS WILL NOT TAKE UNTIL YOU RELOAD THE SW. If it still pops, try timing 4, but I believe timing 3 will take care of the pop.

One more time, adjust the options, then download the SW.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:28 PM

jjpage, i updated the revo tnt off the download page then tried it with diff timing settings and it again didnt like my truck so i switched back to the 4.4. The computer said the transfer was fine and there were no interuptions but when i went to upload it into my truck it said locked and ba441 or whatever it should be. So at work the next day i got ahold of bob and he said that he has not heard of one doing such and to try to upload it again, and on two different computers using both drivers and having all files unzipped it wouldnt work. it kept say the smarty software version is not recongnized. so i shipped it to him. He should have it by monday and ill see what he says. However i didnt re upload the sw after changing the options. If he straightens it out for me ill try it again. ill keep ya posted
Old 07-28-2010, 08:08 PM

However i didnt re upload the sw after changing the options. If he straightens it out for me ill try it again. ill keep ya posted

I made the same mistake for over a year, the Smarty instructions are less than ok, they suck.

You can adjust the options, but they will not take affect until you reload the whole SW, WOW, that would have been a real useful bit of info.

I am sure Bob will get you taken care of, he always does.... eventually. Hope you get it all straightened out, let us know.