3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smarty S-06Pod, TNT & SSR ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Smarty S-06Pod, TNT & SSR ?

I have out grown my Quad race and I was going to wait for EFIlive but can't. What is the difference between the TNT& S-06 Pod and the SSR? I want to get my truck up in the 550-600HP. I will be doing a turbo in the very near future. Thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
S-06 and TNT can be the same... TNT is a program downloadable from the MADS website.

SSR is only for trucks with serious mods and a lot of tuning time on the dyno.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
no need for SSR if you are only wanting 550-600 hp. you can do that very easy with tnt
Old 06-03-2011, 03:36 PM
"Swole It like ya Stole It"

I will respectfully disagree with the folks above about the SSR being "Only" for highly modded trucks...

It it designed to really help "Tune" these highly modded trucks but it will have it's place in the minor modded area too..

The capabiblity of controling low rpm / low boost smoke is invalueble!! It will let you tune Low Load and Hight Load settings...

It can be done fairly easily for what you're looking for by "Seat of Pants", you may just have to give up a tad of HP or should I say "Possible" HP by staying conservative on the timing settings..

But the SSR is the way of the future and Marco is constantly working on this to make it better all the time..

Not taking anything away from TNT because it rocks too...But you'll never have the ability to control your truck like you will with SSR..

PM me if you have any specific questions or post up here.. I'll be glad to help... Many folks are having great results with it..

David
Old 06-03-2011, 06:13 PM

Welp I bought and loaded a smarty with revo tunes today and I must say, the power felt good but I'm not completely blown away just yet. I ran the revo SW9 with TQ-3 and the rest default settings.

However, tomorrow morning my revo will be replaced with TNT tuning which I have high expectation for.

For me, the smarty with TNT will probably be all I want to run in the far near future. My truck has to be drivers (wife, parents and who ever needs a truck) friendly, so I wont be able to coach everyone with the SSR software or have the time to specifically tune it in. Maybe in a year or so when everyone has it figured out, I may jump in but I think the S-06 Pod is going to treat me right. Hopefully the TNT filles match my expectations.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:57 PM

Well boys and girls I experienced smarty TNT for the first time today...

WOW

Night and day difference between it and revo. TNT9 was too touchy for me and my stock clutch but I felt the potential once the DD funds become available. For now I'm going to run TNT7 with all defaults until down the road. 7 feels alittle sluggish, but I have no desire to crank up the Torque management on it as this thing already dumps the coal as it is.

Officially tuned by Smarty
Old 06-04-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by mikeh1725

My truck has to be drivers (wife, parents and who ever needs a truck) friendly, so I wont be able to coach everyone with the SSR software or have the time to specifically tune it in.

Just so you know (I know you made your choice) but with the SSR...Its a set SW.. All you do is take the one time or a few times to dial it in so it drives well both Low Load and High Load...

Then all you do is use the POD feature to tune it back for anyone / everyone that has to drive it..... You don't have to change settings everytime someone else would drive it...

Just fyi for future!! Good luck!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:32 PM

Thanks Swole, I'll definitely be researching the SSR more in the future but for now I will run my $300 Smarty Pod I scored from a buddy in need

Now for clutch funds
Old 06-16-2011, 11:22 AM

Big Swole - I see there are some setting that will get you close to TNTr. Do you know if anyone has some setting that get you close to revo at SW7. I just think long term that the SSR is the way to go. More room to grow with mod's. I don't see a lot of guys with 2003 HO on some forums. Just trying to get some setting to start with if i choose to get SSR. Thx
Old 06-16-2011, 08:27 PM

Swole mainly resides over on comp d. But there is a wealth on info on different settings that everyone is using with the ssr.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by cjones42
Big Swole - I see there are some setting that will get you close to TNTr. Do you know if anyone has some setting that get you close to revo at SW7. I just think long term that the SSR is the way to go. More room to grow with mod's. I don't see a lot of guys with 2003 HO on some forums. Just trying to get some setting to start with if i choose to get SSR. Thx
I've not seen anyone compare a setting to Revo 7 yet.
Not to say it could happen either though.
The old saying, "Every truck is different" REALLY is true.
A Buddy of mine that has a Smarty and is playing with efi live too, has seen this. The same tune act Totally different from truck to truck.

So my point is, it would only take a person a little time to get what they need in settings especially if they are not loooking for all out max HP.

But to be honest, I believe to SW of the SSR is probably stronger than Revo. It would just need some dialing back, either with settings and/or the POD feature.

Originally Posted by 6.6lEater
Swole mainly resides over on comp d. But there is a wealth on info on different settings that everyone is using with the ssr.
Yeah CompD is my Original home but I'm trying to branch out more.
There are so great folks here and other places too.
There is Always someone to learn from. I love meeting new folks to learn from and help as well.

Thanks guys!

David
Old 06-17-2011, 12:11 AM

Definately listen to swole. If anyone knows parts limits it's him. And by the way not to hijack but how's the new trans treatin ya swole?
Old 06-17-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ackerdiesel
Definately listen to swole. If anyone knows parts limits it's him. And by the way not to hijack but how's the new trans treatin ya swole?

LOL

Yeah, I can find the limits of just about anything!! lol

Trans is Great! Jeff is trying some cool new stuff.
I've got a very slight 2-3 flare shift but it's obviously not slowing me down or hurting anything.. Little adjustment will take care of it.

Jeff wants me to go make about 15-20 full power passes and then we're gonna pull it out again to inspect it and check on the effect of the new mods... If they will live in a 850+ hp truck that gets abused, they'll be More and Perfect in all his most normal customers trucks..400-600...
Old 06-17-2011, 10:20 AM

I am leaning hard towards SSR but I know I need to upgrade my turbo but that will not be for a couple of month's. Plus who am I kidding if I get to 550-600HP I will want more in a year Then I will be getting bigger injectors $$$ and then.....$$
Old 06-18-2011, 09:19 PM

Swole it is great that you are helping folks out and informing them on what the ssr can do. I do believe the ssr is a better tune and not just for power but the capability of giving your truck what it wants. I know you are always over on the other forum just didn't know how often you visited here.

Quick Reply: Smarty S-06Pod, TNT & SSR ?