3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty POD ROCKS!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Smarty POD ROCKS!!

I met Marco over this last weekend, played on the dyno a little, and installed the new Smarty POD on my truck! Marco is a great guy, and that POD; WOW, is it nice. I get to keep my TNT/R turned up and ready to go without excessive smoke!

I've had some unfortunate experiences lately where I've had my Smarty turned down to something like 3... but really wished I had it on 9. Now, I can!

I really like the fact that I can cruise around, and bump it down to around 22 to 30 on the freeway- hopefully that might net a little better mpg. I did drive from Riverdale back to Riverside with the firm intention of testing the mpg. Unfortunately, I met another Dodge (Nice truck: Lift, edge sticker, and great exhaust) on the road going over the Tehachapi grade and decided to "play" a litle. I was up to setting 99 in two clicks of a button and push of the throttle!

It was great weekend, and worth the trip! THANKS MARCO!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:34 PM

maybe a stupid question. But can my S06 be updated with the pod feature's?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:40 PM

Great info. WHen you say; "two clicks," do you mean you plugged in you smarty and just hit the up button a few times? Did it take less than a minute?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 PM

Yup upgrade avaliabe just mail in smarty and I think 200 bucks and the smarty comes back with the pod installed.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 PM

Whats the turn around time like, if anybody knows? Bob...
Old 10-27-2008, 10:14 PM

Go here , fill it out and Bob will put you on the list. He will email you when he is ready for you to send it in. Mine was mailed in on Monday, and he got it back to me on Friday.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 PM

If MADS doesn’t post the POD software for download it implies that what ever software you chose when you purchase the POD is what your stuck with unless you send your Smarty back to MADS for a software change. Does this mean their will be no more free software updates? What if I want the Smarty Revo software now because I have a stock turbo but later upgrade the turbo and want to try the TNT software? It sounds like I would have to send it back to MADS for a software change. Perhaps this significant limitation is only during the Beta stage and until the firmware is upgraded? Bob?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by CCIE
If MADS doesn’t post the POD software for download it implies that what ever software you chose when you purchase the POD is what your stuck with unless you send your Smarty back to MADS for a software change. Does this mean their will be no more free software updates? What if I want the Smarty Revo software now because I have a stock turbo but later upgrade the turbo and want to try the TNT software? It sounds like I would have to send it back to MADS for a software change. Perhaps this significant limitation is only during the Beta stage and until the firmware is upgraded? Bob?
Good question...... anybody
Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 PM

They actually have to take it apart and do a firmware upgrade, so its got to be sent in. But it is worth it.

You load one SW setting in, say 7. You leave the Smarty plugged in as you drive. You enter whatever level 01-99 and it adjust the fueling of the program: 99 being full power at level 7, 01 being crawl mode.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 PM

When dialing it down really low, does this affect your transmission and possible cause some tranny issues if left really underpowered???
Old 10-27-2008, 11:56 PM

It won't let you shift unless you let off the throttle.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by jmccart
Did it take less than a minute?
if you leave the smarty plugged in, the change is almost instantanious. it's done in the amount of time that you can punch in 00-99 and tap the throttle twice
Old 10-28-2008, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CCIE
I think you can request the different PoD tunes(Revo,TNT,TNT/R) from Bob and get them via e-mail after you have the Smarty PoD.I have the TNT/R and it can be adjusted to where the truck has substantially less power than stock so I would say just get the hottest tune Bob will give you and roll with it.I have done some towing here lately and have run level 3 trq2, timing 3 rp 2 and played with the levels to find the sweet spot.On my truck around 60-70 is very nice power for running around up here in the foothills.On flat ground I could see being able to bump it down to around 50-55 if your trying to drive conservatively.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:14 AM

I could bump mine down to 44 (tnt/r level 7)and not have to downshift going up the tehachapi grade. I can knock it down to 22 for straight highway cruising. There are tons of options now!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 AM

So if somebody were to send in a Smarty that has the Revo software loaded on it and have it updated to the PoD, would you still be able to adjust your trq, timing, rp, as well as what level you, 1-99%, that you wanted to run the truck at??

Quick Reply: Smarty POD ROCKS!!