3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smarty JR! OH YEAH!(Special thanks DTR members)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slickr1
Congrats on the Jr. Just a fyi I drive my 06 like a old lady, first to go was my TQ then the entire tranny. I never went above #2 and did not tow heavy. I have since taken care of the tranny issues thanks to David Goerand and 3k. If you are going to
play then you are going to pay...
Still set on SW-2 DD (not planning to mess with the pod). It's amazing...most of you would be very proud of me (I know I am)...I have resisted the urge to just hammer on it to see what she will really do. I have rolled into it about 3/4 WOT and have still been SUPER impressed!
The biggest advantage I have found is the throttle response and drive ability...it truly rolls up to speed MUCH smoother (and obviously faster) than I could have expected.
I figure this weekend I'll probably tune her up to SW 3...make a quick turn around town (so I know what to look forward to). Come home and dial her back down to SW 1, TM 2, TQ 4 (this seems to be a popular "recipe" for daily driving).
Again...it's been a HUGE plus being able to bounce these suggestions and findings off you guys! I can't belive I waited so long to join....
Old 06-22-2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by madhat
Welcome to the club... time for some more fuel and some more air... and a tranny... and some studs and springs... and...
You would be trouble...good thing we're not neighbors!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by cstewart
You would be trouble...good thing we're not neighbors!
There is a guy down the road with an 06... his wife won't let him NEAR me... he has to sneak over and get his fix...
Old 06-22-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by madhat
There is a guy down the road with an 06... his wife won't let him NEAR me... he has to sneak over and get his fix...
Funny how that works...I have a neighbor with a 08 6.7...we pretty much go tit for tat (I think I one uped him on the Smarty...and he knows it after taking a test drive)

I'm sure he'll be joining the ranks here shortly! (and yes...our wives are careful about how much time we spend together)
Old 06-27-2011, 01:25 PM

Sw 3

Had my fun this weekend boys.
Set her on SW 3 DD just for a taste!! WOW.... (Should have never done that ). Now I'm addicted to the power, but no funds to support the tranny upgrades needed for for that application.

Shocked and impressed with the SOLID power gains in SW 3!!! Barely got into it and she was barking the tires on take-off....I pretty much alerted the wife that we needed to start putting aside for a trans fund NOW!