3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat covers

From personal experience what are the best seat covers out there?
Old 11-13-2010, 09:01 PM

KatZkins
Old 11-14-2010, 06:22 AM

Personally I don't really like any of the seat covers on the market. That's why I choose to wait for a deal on some leather replacements to recover my cloth. It was well worth the $$$ and time. I got a super deal on mine though....
Old 11-15-2010, 02:34 PM

I ordered a set of covers for my cloth seats from GT Covers. I needed something that was water/dust proof and these are working very well. Plus they fit like a glove! http://www.gtcovers.com/
Old 11-15-2010, 02:36 PM

The thing I don't like about cloth is all the lint that it picks up. Most covers out there do the same. That's why I decided to go the leather route. I liked my cloth seats otherwise.....
Old 11-16-2010, 08:29 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
I have a set of wet okoles ( http://www.wetokole.com/DODGERAMF.html ) in my truck. They have held up well for the abuse they have seen. However they are in need of replacement at this time. Got about 200k worth of seat time on them. The original cloth on the seats underneath still look brand new.
I also have a set of Cover Kings in my honda and my wifes 4 runner. They are holding up very well too. They are a fair bit cheaper than the Okoles. You can get them through Costco http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1.
Now through the end of the month they are only 139 a row about 100 less than the okoles.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:22 PM

I'd rather have new seats period. The seats in my truck are junk.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:56 PM

Anybody with the wetsuit type material out there? If so my question is, is it hot? Seems to me with the wetsuit material your seat would not be able to breath very well and it would make you sweat alot, especailly in the summertime, probably keep you warm in the winter though...
Old 11-22-2010, 08:34 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
The wet okoles I have in the truck and the coverkings in my honda fit and the wifes 4 runner are made with neoprene (wetsuit material). When it gets hot you do sweat a bit more than with cloth but they are not bad. They are covered with I think it is a nylon covering. It is not like your back is soaked in sweat. With the AC on I dont really notice it at all. What you may find as I have is if you do spill that big gulp drink in your lap that quart of liquid has no where to go except your pants. The seat wont soak it up (which is good) but the downside is your pants sure will.

A caveat with the heat and sweat - in Colorado or the southwest in general where I live and travel the humidity is generally low so it may very well be different in a high humidity area.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:14 PM

Thanks for the insight Barry, i guess i'll either have to try them out or find someone in the texas area (high humidity)..

thanks again!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:12 PM

Seat Covers

I got some marathon seat covers for my truck and absolutley love them!~ They are made to order and you will not be disapointed. I think the web site is www.marathonseatcovers.com They mold to the seat and do not bunch up, they also give a Military discount!~
Old 12-22-2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dave88LX
I'd rather have new seats period. The seats in my truck are junk.
+1
Anyone know where to get a good deal on new seats/ Used leather seats would be best....
Mine are base model, w/ 201k on them....
Old 12-22-2010, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered some Mossy Oak Breakup from Cabellas which fit perfect and are made out of some really durable material. Ran about $225.00 worth the money. My stock seats are made out of cloth which are in excellent shape but I wanted to perserve them because of the hunting trips I go on and fishing trips we take. Also in and out wears the material especially when towing a fiver always in and out to check my postioning of the spot I am locating in.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:54 AM

The manufacture of the Mossy Oak are "Hatch". I just did the frony seats and arm rest.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by CC135crewdog
I got some marathon seat covers for my truck and absolutley love them!~ They are made to order and you will not be disapointed. I think the web site is www.marathonseatcovers.com They mold to the seat and do not bunch up, they also give a Military discount!~
I'll second this, my Marathon Superhides have been great and they wear like iron. Also, the customer service deparment is great.

Quick Reply: Seat covers