3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ScaryLarry or CrazyLarry

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 01:48 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
97, sorry to hear you had problem but I am glad she is up and runnin.

Does anybody have a ball park figure on what it costs to get studs put in?
If you want to pm me thats fine.

I know what the studs cost but have never heard what it costs to get em put in, I am sure I could do it but its kinda like replacin injectors, I think I would just rather pay somebody to do it for me. Too much to go wrong.

Maybe I will give Jeff Garmon a call, he is only about an hour from me.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought studs were real easy just let all of the air out of your front tires to drop the truck down a little in the front.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

Is the scary larry mainly for auto trucks?

Thanks for all the info you are giving me guys!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 03:33 PM
wap

Rat, it shouldnt matter, auto or manual it should be the same power.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by realsquash
I wish I knew if it worked on a 2003 HO!

Andy
it does....just not quite like it works on 04.5+ trucks because of the 3rd injection event. Thats why Crazy Larry isn't available for 03 trucks....it makes alot of its power with the 3rd injection event. 03-04 trucks only have 2 injection events.

Originally Posted by Luken
My truck runs low 13(13.0-13.2) - high 12's (12.9x) with the Scary Larry alone. No other power adders. With the other chips I wouldn't gain very much because the cp3 couldn't keep up.

Maybe my truck is just odd.
we must have similar trucks...hate the smarty and love the bully!

I'll post my track times when I go....hoping for mid 12's with my Quad XZT stack and water/meth.

Originally Posted by wap
97, sorry to hear you had problem but I am glad she is up and runnin.

Does anybody have a ball park figure on what it costs to get studs put in?
If you want to pm me thats fine.

I know what the studs cost but have never heard what it costs to get em put in, I am sure I could do it but its kinda like replacin injectors, I think I would just rather pay somebody to do it for me. Too much to go wrong.

Maybe I will give Jeff Garmon a call, he is only about an hour from me.
the price will depend on how its done. Some guys tear it down, install the studs, then go drive it and play with it a little, then retorque the studs again. Industrial Injection torques to 130 the first time and then checks again 10,000 miles later.

Originally Posted by bigd6.6
I thought studs were real easy just let all of the air out of your front tires to drop the truck down a little in the front.
sorta. easy but very time consuming and very meticulous work. our problem was one of the stud nuts not clearing the spacer correctly making a slight gap....ofcourse under pressure, oil spews from that gap. I knew it sounded funny at WOT above 40 psi

Originally Posted by RAT_03
Is the scary larry mainly for auto trucks?

Thanks for all the info you are giving me guys!!!
it works on either....but I bet it would be challenging on a stick. Is your turbo stock? if it is, i would not try scary larry. too hot and with that boost fooler it might shoot up over 50!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:02 PM

Mine is on its way, cannot wait to get it back
Old 01-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blackmoke
Mine is on its way, cannot wait to get it back
awesome. I couldn't wait...so i paid to overnight it there and then over night it back to me! UPS ended up losing it so i got shipping for half price...but the eventually found my package and got it back to me.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:20 PM
wap

97, I assume you saw my post awhile back but I have hit 52 psi with nothin more than tst tt03 on 6/4 with 3 on rp and that was with the boost limit set at 38 psi.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wap
97, I assume you saw my post awhile back but I have hit 52 psi with nothin more than tst tt03 on 6/4 with 3 on rp and that was with the boost limit set at 38 psi.
i saw it. i remember how it worried you too and how you don't run early twins program anymore
Old 01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hotpaco17
any idea how much more power the scary larry would make on an '03 HO compared to my BDDL on extreme? and could I send in my power pup to have this upgrade or is it only available on the triple dog??
40-50hp i believe, nothing extraordinary.

Try running a better pressure box like the Dr. Performance 110hp box if you are looking for more.

Triple Dog only.

check your PM's!
Old 01-12-2007, 06:45 PM

ive downloaded both in my 06 and the big difference ive found is in the torque mgnt. ive built my tranny silver bullet turbo all the goodies,and scary larry has a stall in the shift that can be removed.worked with tim at tre deisel and bullydog and cant fix it.so if you have stock tranny kiss it goodbye.ive used crazylarry 2.7 for almost a year and its been perfect. my last dyno run was with it and its been good to me. scarrylarry was a big headache couldnt get it right after a month of trying to adjust tranny and tst and everything else.thats my 2 cents on it hope it helps
Old 01-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by oil smell
ive downloaded both in my 06 and the big difference ive found is in the torque mgnt. ive built my tranny silver bullet turbo all the goodies,and scary larry has a stall in the shift that can be removed.worked with tim at tre deisel and bullydog and cant fix it.so if you have stock tranny kiss it goodbye.ive used crazylarry 2.7 for almost a year and its been perfect. my last dyno run was with it and its been good to me. scarrylarry was a big headache couldnt get it right after a month of trying to adjust tranny and tst and everything else.thats my 2 cents on it hope it helps
stall in shift? 1-2, 2-3, where is this stall?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:57 PM

2 in 3 with scarry perfect with old program
Old 01-12-2007, 07:00 PM

when i say stall i mean in shifting like it revs up and shifts like you missed a gear or something like that

Quick Reply: ScaryLarry or CrazyLarry