3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Scary Larry??

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info whens 2.4.0 getting released and can I save versions to load if I like a certain version
Old 07-02-2007, 09:27 PM

does anyone have a triple dog with scarry larry on it for sale? pm me and let me know i want one bad!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by drewblood
thanks for the info whens 2.4.0 getting released and can I save versions to load if I like a certain version
We are looking at releasing this version on the "Update Agent" in two weeks if anyone would like a beta version a week sooner than that...pm me with your e-mail address.

You can back date a Triple Dog, but you open the door to a host of other problems with posible file corruption, or software incompatability. I would not recomend doing so without consulting and getting specific instruction from a Bully Dog technical representative. Worst case scenario, you have to send the Triple Dog back to us for a complete reflash. Might cost $$$.

I will try and Keep up with my PMs so if you have a question let me know.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by SMOKIN-U
does anyone have a triple dog with scarry larry on it for sale? pm me and let me know i want one bad!
Smokin pm sent.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bud Kunz
We are looking at releasing this version on the "Update Agent" in two weeks if anyone would like a beta version a week sooner than that...pm me with your e-mail address.

You can back date a Triple Dog, but you open the door to a host of other problems with posible file corruption, or software incompatability. I would not recomend doing so without consulting and getting specific instruction from a Bully Dog technical representative. Worst case scenario, you have to send the Triple Dog back to us for a complete reflash. Might cost $$$.

I will try and Keep up with my PMs so if you have a question let me know.
Has anyone heard from him in their emails about the new 2.4.0 version???
Old 07-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rpainter
Has anyone heard from him in their emails about the new 2.4.0 version???
not yet, patiently waiting
Old 07-11-2007, 03:04 PM

Yes I did write that tune, and yes it does work best on a 2005. All of the tunes have "low end power" and "torque management" feature. These are both available in the current Triple Dog Software. The torque management is under a password in the current V2.3.9 Software. In the "Scary Larry", or
V2.3.7t as I like to call it, I added extra fuel stretch.

The Torque Management feature is really what makes it Scary in my opinion. This allows you to power break until 3500 RPM. I have seen this eat the biggest and best built transmissions. Even full billet stuff doesn't hold up well to a 30lbs. Boosted Launch. I have even seen a twisted intermediate shaft.

I would keep an eye out for Crazy Larry V2.4.0. This version will have:

- Tire Size Calibration - to adjust the factory / OEM Speedometer

- Speed Limiter Adjustment - to adjust the speed limiter from 60MPH to
135MPH

- Rev Limiter Adjustment - to adjust factory rev limiter up to 4100 RPM

As always these files will be written based on the most current Dodge/Daimler Chrysler/Star TSBs. Functionality for Daytime Running Lights and 2007 Light features will also be included.

There are a few people out there beta testing some of these functions now and the Tire Size and Speed Limiter are available on the 6.7L Power Pup that also works on all 5.9L Common Rail back to 2003.

Not trying to make a sale here, just trying to provide information. Thank You to all Bully Dog loyal customers on this site. We love what we do and will strive to give our customers the features they want.

Awesome!

I have the 2.3.7 verision right now, still havent tried it all out yet, loaded it, got into it half throttle and let out, I cant afford a tranny right now

Sounds like the new version will be pretty good!
Are there any secret tunes in the works for the new CL version? A new Scary Larry?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Awesome!

I have the 2.3.7 verision right now, still havent tried it all out yet, loaded it, got into it half throttle and let out, I cant afford a tranny right now

Sounds like the new version will be pretty good!
Are there any secret tunes in the works for the new CL version? A new Scary Larry?
If it were any secrets, Bud Kunz wouldn't post it on DTR
Old 07-11-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I would keep an eye out for Crazy Larry V2.4.0. This version will have:

- Tire Size Calibration - to adjust the factory / OEM Speedometer

- Speed Limiter Adjustment - to adjust the speed limiter from 60MPH to
135MPH

- Rev Limiter Adjustment - to adjust factory rev limiter up to 4100 RPM

As always these files will be written based on the most current Dodge/Daimler Chrysler/Star TSBs. Functionality for Daytime Running Lights and 2007 Light features will also be included.
What about a feature to disable the "back-up alarm"? You'd sure sell a bunch of 'em if you could pull that one off!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jwooden
What about a feature to disable the "back-up alarm"? You'd sure sell a bunch of 'em if you could pull that one off!
There is ways to do that without a programmer
Old 07-11-2007, 07:54 PM

Great news! Thanks for the update.

I'm curious about the 4100 rpm limit- will the Crazy Larry be pushing enough fuel to overspeed a stock turbo at that speed?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pitz
Great news! Thanks for the update.

I'm curious about the 4100 rpm limit- will the Crazy Larry be pushing enough fuel to overspeed a stock turbo at that speed?
That program will definatley not be for a stock truck, you better have some springs for that one
Old 07-11-2007, 08:12 PM

So will there be any new tunes for the 555 motor in the future or do i just need to break down and get a new truck?
Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 AM

Sorry for the delay guys. I have not forgotten you and I still have all of your e-mails. I hope to be sending something out this afternoon. By Monday at the latest.

Originally Posted by bigdave
So will there be any new tunes for the 555 motor in the future or do i just need to break down and get a new truck?
Yes this version will work on the 2003 and 2004 555 motor trucks as well.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=Bud Kunz;1596947]Sorry for the delay guys. I have not forgotten you and I still have all of your e-mails. I hope to be sending something out this afternoon. By Monday at the latest.[QUOTE]

Can a stock motor safely handle 4100rpms?

Quick Reply: Scary Larry??