3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

rokktech sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rokktech sensor

Has anybody installed one of these and what benefits did you get from it? I own a 2006 and was just wondering what it would do to it.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:32 PM

try the search button...there's tons of info

I believe that advanced timing helped my '06
Old 01-04-2006, 11:17 PM

Just put one on last weekend. Engine runs smoother at idle and a little more low end power
Old 01-05-2006, 07:35 AM

I ordered mine on Tuesday....so hopefully will have one shortly to install myself.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did it. for the money I don't know if it is a great mod or not. the tone ring mod would be more cost effective. there is a little something there on my truck. milage is up a bit but only .5mpg tops after a bunch of tanks through the rig. low end may have been increased a tad but nothing like a box/module/programer will give you.

my .02 is order it and try it. if you like it keep it if not sell it on ebay. some people seem to get more resutls than I did. they talk about it like it is a must do. I have though about pulling it off now that I have my juice and see if there is a low end loss and if it is woth keeping.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:24 AM
wap

I just put mine on this weekend and think the timing is a little much for my quad. It may be something else but I am gettin a vibe in the fuel petal and shifter but when I cut the box off it stops. I will play with it this weekend and see what I can do. But upon first imprssions I would say go for it, it did help my truck on the low end and seemed to smoke more but I thought that the timing was supposed to cut down on smoke. Oh well, I liked it but as I said it may be too much with the quad.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's a hit or miss with timing on our engines. Some will have gains, others won't. Myself I picked up 1mpg for around town driving, no change for highway and gained 2mpg towing. Also helped in lower rpm response. The power surge at 2k rpm is now at 1,500 rpm.

MikeyB
Old 01-05-2006, 02:20 PM

I cant say for sure about mileage, but I am running less boost when cruising at a constant speed. I would think that less boost would mean less fuel is being used. When accelerating, boost is same as always.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:49 PM

Wap

I'm in the same boat WAP. I put the tone ring a bit more advance and I hear the noise, turn the box off, and while it dosn't go away, it gets very faint. It's still there. I get like a clattering noise and if you turn the box off, it gets very quiet, but still there. This has led me to believe it's not just timing. I even turned my tone ring back to stock and still get the noise with teh box on, or off. With the box on the 60, the noise is "louder" and when I turn it off the noise is quieter. I'm not 100% sure it's not just the injecters with the higher pressure as it's only at certain throttle spots that it does this. Less pedal fine, crusing fine, lots of throttle fine, it's that fine spot of just cursing that it does it. Like I said mine did it stock at 18,000 miles so who knows. It could have been bad gas, but I tried stock and the thing still makes the noise. I'm gonna glue up my insulations (it's falling down) lots of people said it helps make the noise quiet (maybe it's causing the weird noise) It sounds like rubbing two pieces of that wire loam together, has a clatter, but plasticy sound. Very hard to describe. I figured if it does it stock, box off, tone ring stock, then it can't be that bad. And if it is that bad (something inside the motor) then only time before it goes and it goes in for replacement. The dodge dealer up here is very good. They see how people drive there trucks and really rate it on that, if you leave there smoking the tires, you'll haev a hard time getting them to cover things. When they drive your truck easy walk in and be like you drove it way to hard, blah blah, then they think you take really good care of it let me know if your sound continues or goes away, I'm very curious of it
Old 01-05-2006, 04:44 PM
wap

Its not so much a noise but the vibration I get in the petal and shifter. I was thinking about this today and realized that maybe the reason I hadnt noticed it was cause my cruise was set and then I entered a work zone and had to take it off and it was upon gettin back to 80 that I noticed it. It does however sound like my fp isolator gets louder when I click the box on. I returned the ring back to stock or close to it and it seems to have solved my problem. Maybe Sunday I will have enough time to play with differant adjustments and see what happens. Tonight however the afe stage 2 goes on. I have a long time good relationship with my dealer and I figure if it blows up it blows up and they will take care of. We have bought at least 30 vehicles from them in the last 15 or so years and they take very, very good care of me and mine.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:06 PM

That's what confuses me on mine, is I turned my tone ring back to stock (even back a bit further once) and the noise is still there. Without hearing and knowing what all the noises sound like, it's more like a rattle. It dosn't sound like the valves or something like that. Almost like air in a pool pump system. It just sounds strange to me. But the fact it does this with the tone ring in the stock position, or advance, with the box on or off (the only variable being the level of sound it gives off) Like I said I can hear it with the box on, and when I turn it off it gets very quiet. not sure what it is. I'm gonna fix my engine foam (stuff on the fire wall) since it's falling off, maybe it's coming from something stupid like that. I did change the fuel filter figuring maybe it was restricting flow, bad fuel, or water logged. It's not a noise that bothers me, but more like a squeek or rattle inside, sounds more nusance than problimatic.