3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Road Armor (sorta) installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 2-Stroke
looks great, but I would like to see one of the shakles turned, so that the screw eyes are mirrored

I thought I was the only one with that sort of problem so I didn't say anything. I need help...
Old 12-19-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dan Marino
So what in her story made you not buy it?
What did't she say.. When I call a company to do business with I don't need to hear about their law suits over copying a bumper that I am about to buy from them. Their is a lot more I don't have time to type.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:17 AM

TX4x4er is right on. I actually bought the bumper on Ebay from the company. The add was a bit tricky as the bumper is still called the "stealth" and still has the "pre-runner" guard, but when I looked back it has Tritan in front of Stealth. The price was a few hundred cheaper than a Road Armor and it was close to me so I didn't have to pay shipping and it was the color and I wanted. I bought it, had it picked up and was happy with it. Called Road Armor proper to get some info on bolts to use for mounting and he (don't remember his name, but a real nice guy) then explained that it was a knock-off from a company operated by a guy that used to work for Road Armor. The bumper from what I can tell is pretty much the same, minus the Road Armor badging and the lifetime warranty. The Road Armor guy also said there were some legal issues ongoing with the company, and that he had heard of some people being ripped-off or getting poorly fit/constructed bumpers. The whole thing seems a bit shady, with no signs on their building and all cell phone contact numbers. But, I chose to mount it, it fit perfect and I'm happy with it. I'm not sure about the recommending this bumper or not since its pretty much a copy of someone else's work. Guess thats what Patents are for. So anyways if you wanna find out about these bumpers, search around on Ebay for Triton bumpers and you'll find the info and the website. The "company" is called JD Distributing in Redding CA.

I have to do a little modification on the shackles to let them spin a little easier, they are too tight in the mounting holes right now. I'll get the truck washed and turn them for you. Driveway is a 1.5 miles of crap right now.

There is a place for the winch, gotta save some more clams for one of sufficient size.

The truck is leveled and has 285's, trying to get my signature to work.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:21 AM

Adding...I bought the shackles at an Army/Navy surplus along I-15 in Idaho, HUGE place, smelled horrible. Only paid $10.00 though.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by tx4x4er
What did't she say.. When I call a company to do business with I don't need to hear about their law suits over copying a bumper that I am about to buy from them. Their is a lot more I don't have time to type.
Well, thanks for clarifying it. Hope I didnt strain you to much with what you did type.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now that's funny...
Old 12-19-2006, 06:25 PM

Man that looks sweet!!! I think that I will be getting one of the Road Armor Bumpers now that I have seen that one!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Marino
Well, thanks for clarifying it. Hope I didnt strain you to much with what you did type.
no problem. I heard today that Larry here at DTR is a Road Armor dealer!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lomarker
Adding...I bought the shackles at an Army/Navy surplus along I-15 in Idaho, HUGE place, smelled horrible. Only paid $10.00 though.
Lomarker-- I live in Idaho and would like to know where you got that other than e-bay.. PM me with any info.. Thanks SHane
Old 12-20-2006, 10:49 AM

much the same, minus the Road Armor badging
Thats the only reason I'd get one of these over the "real" version.

I like the stealth version but dont want 3 inch high "Road Armor" letters accross the front...is there a more "stealth" version offered by the road armor folks?

chuck
Old 12-20-2006, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by chucktuna

I like the stealth version but dont want 3 inch high "Road Armor" letters accross the front...is there a more "stealth" version offered by the road armor folks?

chuck
I don't know about the options from the REAL Road Armor place...but the guy that I talked to at the REAL Road Armor place told me he would sell me a ROAD ARMOR badge for $20.00 to make the FAKE Road Armor look REAL. I told him, uuhhhh, no thanks.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:44 PM

Very nice! Putting my customized front and rear Road Armor's on in a matter of days. Just waiting on painting.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by chucktuna

chuck

When you're ready.... look us up! We are the Master WD for Road Armor! We sell the Real Deal no knock offs here!