3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

rebuildin 06 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rebuildin 06 5.9

is there a high performance rebuild kit? with high performance pistons head studs etc if so how much does one cost i want my truck to make around 600 hp without blowing the engine and i plan to keep the stock turbo and injectors on it after the rebuild till i get some money saved up then im going to put a turbo and injectors in and i dont want engine to go let me know what yall think
thanks
Andy D
Old 12-13-2009, 01:00 PM

my mods for it will most likely be fass fuel system, turbo, injectors and intake and exhaust and smarty, do i need to worry about putting high performance stuff in it at all? thanks guys
Andy D
Old 12-13-2009, 05:33 PM

Stock internals are just fine for 600+. Not even pushin her much at those levels. If you are want to upgrade the cam it will help spool and keep temps down. The stock cp3 is about out of gas at 600 though. I dynoed 594 with tnt on #1 and a whopping 613 on #7. No matter what settings I tried, that is all the fuel it would put out. If 600 is the goal then you can do it pretty easy with a tranny, guages, smarty, special or similar turbo, 90 hp stix, head studs, and a cp3 upgrade. You can do it with less but build it once. I'd rather have a 500 hp with few weak points then a 600 hp truck on borrowed time. IMO
Old 12-13-2009, 05:48 PM

yea that shounds good thanks for the input man
Andy D