3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Raptor fuel pump junk no warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raptor fuel pump junk no warranty

Anyone else having issues? I thought this pump was supposed to be reliable,less than 2 years old,it failed!! My stocker went 10 +... Bottom line these pumps ain't what they say they are,mine never could make the pressure they claimed. And to add insult,I lost or never had the warranty card. Most reputable companies will work with you on this,as states have laws on implied warranties.Airdog Pureflow does imply a lifetime warranty. They know I am the original purchaser,yet they won't help me. And the tech hung up when I wanted to speak with his boss...Bottom line, These pumps are junk,overpriced,and this co will soon go out when they can't honor the warranty on all their junk pumps.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:15 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry of your failure, I have said to people for a while now I would never ever buy an electric pump. I cannot on good faith recommend any of them, far too many failures. Some have turned in the archaic warranty mail in card and love to say the warranty is great, they replaced my defective part. I say the best warranty is one you never use.

Again to anyone reading this electric pump reliability is junk, yet WE still buy them. Well never again

DTT- Assasin
GDP- Fuel Boss
Intelligent Engineering (Opie) Mitusa

These are all mechanical pumps that will last. I know they are competitively priced with the 150 sized pumps. Only issue is they don't at this time work with aftermarket dampeners.

And for the guy that's gonna jump on here and say his electric pump has lasted 5 years no issues, I'm happy for you. But look at it non biased and you can see there are far too many electric pump failures.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by jforce
Anyone else having issues? I thought this pump was supposed to be reliable,less than 2 years old,it failed!! My stocker went 10 +... Bottom line these pumps ain't what they say they are,mine never could make the pressure they claimed. And to add insult,I lost or never had the warranty card. Most reputable companies will work with you on this,as states have laws on implied warranties.Airdog Pureflow does imply a lifetime warranty. They know I am the original purchaser,yet they won't help me. And the tech hung up when I wanted to speak with his boss...Bottom line, These pumps are junk,overpriced,and this co will soon go out when they can't honor the warranty on all their junk pumps.
---------------------------------------
jforce:

Sorry to hear of the problems you have had with the Raptor Pump.

There are several Dodge CTD Truck owners in our area that have also had failures with the Raptor Pumps. I had considered getting one for my 2006 but did NOT do it because of the failures my friends have had.

Although Rye doesn't like any of the electric pumps, I have personally had very good luck with my FASS as it has been on my 1996 Dodge CTD race truck for over five years now. Yeah Rye,....I am the guy that said it Sir! FWIW,...my Son and I both had very good luck with the "cheap"
Holley Blue and Red Pumps! Oh well,.....maybe we are just lucky.

Good luck with a search for a new pump.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:55 PM

I really like the "entrained air" marketing bs. That really is some slick stuff. Anyway thought I would share my pump replacement. I found a Mr. gasket pump at advance auto. It was $120 locally with tax out the door. Its a low pressure pump but 95 gallons/hr. Actually looks similar to a holley blue pump.Truck is running fine with it.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:04 AM

If it had to be someone I'm glad it was you John_P sir.

The issue with the Fuel Lab brushless is cost, and the fact they don't have an actual install kit specific for us. At least 6 months ago when I looked at them they didn't. Regardless the pumps are very expensive.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:49 AM

Do the mech pumps require the stock lift pump to prime? This is what stopped me from going mech 8 years ago when I installed the fass 150. At the time opie was the only guy selling the Mitusa mech pump.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it does not require a lift pump to prime. others make brushless besides fuelab. federal signal under the carter brand has one and several china ones out there.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by carl48
it does not require a lift pump to prime. others make brushless besides fuelab. federal signal under the carter brand has one and several china ones out there.
Thanks for the info I will look around. My issue is I want something that has been run in higher HP applications on our trucks, I also like a product with an install kit catered to our vehicles.
I will throw up a full write up with pics when I install my fuel system like I did with my charger. My LP side of my fuel system is long over due, but like I've said to many the little stock LP will go a lot farther than most think.
I can also tell you mine will be mechanical.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jforce
Bottom line is this. You didn't send in the warranty card. At that point the warranty was on you. So, bashing the company for your failure just makes you look stupid.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Seeing LOTS of issues from the Pureflow product line as a vendor....so much so that I am very seriously considering dropping the line altogether.

They are not the same product they were years ago and the way they choose to run their company has proven to be less than stellar as well after the original owner sold out.

For those calling me looking for electric fuel pumps I am pointing them toward the FASS product line simply because I see FAR fewer issues after the sale.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Seeing LOTS of issues from the Pureflow product line as a vendor....so much so that I am very seriously considering dropping the line altogether.

They are not the same product they were years ago and the way they choose to run their company has proven to be less than stellar as well after the original owner sold out.

For those calling me looking for electric fuel pumps I am pointing them toward the FASS product line simply because I see FAR fewer issues after the sale.
Good looking out TOP.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Spooler
Bottom line is this. You didn't send in the warranty card. At that point the warranty was on you. So, bashing the company for your failure just makes you look stupid.
Your post is why I don't post often. I get on these boards to help others and share what I have learned and learn more myself. Not to be insulted. Most people on here are smart and helpful. These pumps aint' what they say they are. I shared my experience. Ga has an implied warranty law. Don't need no stinking card.... They say lifetime warranty they should mean it. who's lifetime anyway? Mine or this companies? Bottom line the pumps suck.

Last edited by jforce; 05-27-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-27-2013, 11:35 AM

I can't think of another company in this day and age that has a mail in card, no offense to the post office but between them and human error a mail in card is just stupid. Not only that can you imagine the time spent filing cards in what a file cabinet , good lord.
It would be quicker, easier, cheaper, and last but not least more accurate to have an e-mail based auto registration like every other company on the planet.

Any warranty sucks if you have to use it.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
My Air Dog 150 failed a year or so ago. I called, they had my stuff on file and sent me a new pump. I never received a warranty card that was proof that I registered, guess it's a good thing my mail made it to them.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:31 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Only had 1 issue with my AD150 a few months back since I purchased it about 5 years ago. The seal in the motor area went out and fuel shorted out the motor. Called AD and they verified warranty and had me back going in 3 days. I was fine with that but, like stated earlier by Lary, the company ain't what it used to be.....bottom line.

Now, I have a question for Rye....I've been doing some reading on these mechanical jobbers and can't find anything that tells me what I need to know.....if I decide to leave my AD in place and draw fuel through that system of filters would it be possible to do? I know that a Hobbs pressure switch turns off the LP after the system is primed but would it do the same with an AD left in place as a filtering device?

Quick Reply: Raptor fuel pump junk no warranty