3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

question for those with the TNT non r, any input appreciated

Old 04-27-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question for those with the TNT non r, any input appreciated

Ok, I have been running the TNT non r (I think that is what I have). I am really confused on the settings. Are you guys going off of what is on the mads website on the revo page?

This is why I ask. It seems those directions have changed a couple times and I am not sure they are even for the TNT programs.

I have been trying to get back to the feel of the old beta 4.4 and I think I found it.

I am running SW7 (timing sw), rp on 3 (mod), torque 3 (mod), and I have been trying timing on 2 (for stock injectors) and 4 (for fuel economy).

I have ran timing on 4 for the last few days and it is awesome. there is no doubt that my mileage went up atleast 1mpg and the truck is so smooth and easy to drive. The trans loved it as well. It really felt alot like old 4.4.

I was worried this was too much timing as 4 (for fuel economy I am guessing is added timing) and running it with sw7 which has timing. I don't do many pedal to the floor runs. i just like the burst of power here and there.

well tonight I had to pass a car and I put the pedal down and she smoked and took off so strong, for about 2 seconds and then it started bucking like crazy and I let off. i repeated this again and it was the same.

I went back to stock and tried it and no bucking.

I went back to SW7, rp 3, tq 3, and timing 2 this time. Ran it three times. It would drop into passing gear and take off strong with no bucking.

so was that a case of too much timing?

It isn't quite as close to the feel of old 4.4 with the timing on 2 but I don't want to damage the truck. Maybe I could run timing 4 and SW6? Maybe you should only run the timing 4 if you are only after mileage because I am telling you I track mine very closely and it was up real nice.

sorry this was so long, just looking for some guidance.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Banned

i thought timig #4 was even less than #3 ( aftermarket injectors) for the guys running heavy doses of drugs?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:14 PM

Ok, that is why I asked about the settings on the website. I am probably confused. It just seems wierd that it ran so much better on 4, like it had more timing. That is until I dropped the hammer.

Thanks for the input.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:29 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Timing 4 is the least timing... for nitrous.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Banned

i stand corected.. i just checked the sight, and its been updated in the last day or two...
http://www.madselectronics.com/SmartyREVO.html

Injection Timing

# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for stock injectors
# 3 - for aftermarket Injectors ( less advanced than # 2 )
# 4 - for fuel economy ( more timing advance than level # 2 )
Old 04-27-2008, 09:31 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's funny... I was going off the thread where Marco said #4 was least...

more confusion...
Old 04-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by soulezoo
That's funny... I was going off the thread where Marco said #4 was least...

more confusion...

me to?????

bob / marco..... clarification please?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:37 PM

There's lots of confusion on the diff timings between TnT and TnT R....as well I believe the timing has changed across the versions (4.13, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4,...)

My understanding - could be wrong

4.13 - Level 4, i assume it is highest timing based upon rattle on my truck...
5.x (R) - Timing 4 is for drugs (low timing)
5.x (non R) - Timing 4 is for economy, whats currently posted on MADS
Old 04-27-2008, 10:19 PM

ok, so there may be some confusion there, but would too much timing cause that issue maybe?

Like I said, I went back to timing 2 and ran it three times with no bucking. I will try again tomorrow. I am not sure what all was going on with the truck as far as what the gauges were doing because it caught me off gaurd and I just wanted it to stop so i hurried up and let off.

this was all down while hitting it hard to drop into passing gear. I neevr just ran it from a dead stop up through the gears. I read some posts here about some starng WOT shifting stuff on the 03-04's. I think TCR had some stuff happening.

thanks guys
Old 04-28-2008, 07:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, Marco indicated that for the Revo TNT and TNT/R timing 4 is less than 3 or 2. Run timing #2 for more advance timing. For the standard Revo version the timing matrix is different, #4 is more advance than #2 for fuel economy.

I'm running TNT level 7, mild TM, RP 2 and timing 2 and this thing is an animal. Feels like I'm driving a big block gasser with over 750 lbs of torque. I'm finding myself shifting at 1400rpms and pulls out of it like it was nothing, no drama, no bucking, just smooth linear power.

MikeyB
Old 04-28-2008, 07:38 AM

Thanks Mikey,

Like I said, the bucking occurs when it drops to passing gear and starts taking of. At all other times, it is the smoothest software to date on my truck. it is an animal.

I really would like to hear more about the timing settings. there is no doubt that with the timing on my truck set to 4, that the throttle response is better, it runs stronger, less egt's at a certain speed (tested numerous times at 60mph), and the mileage was up. unless I am mistaken, those are all characteristics of increased timing.

Maybe I am nuts. Who knows. Maybe I don't have the TNT Non R. Maybe it is the regular Revo. I will call Bob today.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:51 AM

Ron,
I originally had the timing set to #4 because of all the confusion. And tell you the truth I couldn't tell the difference either, the EGTs is about the same at WOT. But what I did notice is the change in timing rattle, hearing a little more of it from low to midrange rpms on #2. Also appears that the EGTs are lower in this range too.
So any change we might see between #2 and #4 is possibly in the fuel economy for normal driving conditions.

Did the file header that Bob sent you say 'TNT' in it?

MikeyB
Old 04-28-2008, 08:04 AM

this is the file I have: S06V413BDR12s.

I did send my vin, but maybe this isn't TNT. All I know is that this thing is an animal as you said so if it isn't the TNT, I can't imagine needing the TNT for what I do.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Yes, Marco indicated that for the Revo TNT and TNT/R timing 4 is less than 3 or 2. Run timing #2 for more advance timing. For the standard Revo version the timing matrix is different, #4 is more advance than #2 for fuel economy.

I'm running TNT level 7, mild TM, RP 2 and timing 2 and this thing is an animal. Feels like I'm driving a big block gasser with over 750 lbs of torque. I'm finding myself shifting at 1400rpms and pulls out of it like it was nothing, no drama, no bucking, just smooth linear power.

MikeyB
why would you shift at such a low RPM?

I agree, the new software is really nice. It has allowed me to unplug my EZ. I run wild rail pressure, I just wish it would ramp up quicker at WOT
Old 04-28-2008, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Emerald
why would you shift at such a low RPM?

Because I can. Just proves how good this program is.

MikeyB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: question for those with the TNT non r, any input appreciated