3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Quad's Codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad's Codes

Is there anybody out there been running any of these quad boxes, for a while, that hasn't set any codes. I'm presently running an xzt tow box. Installed it, threw a code within a week. Sent it back for a reflash. Re installed it. Have about 250 miles on it, so far so good. Seems everytime I pull up DTR, I read about somebody throwing codes with a quad box. Some seem to run them for a while, then start to have trouble later. It's has me a little gun shy. Seems I'm waiting for any day to start having trouble with it. Know what I mean?
Old 01-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Banned

there are alot of things that can cause a code to set. Loose wiring connectors, dirty connections, and yes the box itself. All aftermarket accessories run a risk of problems. Depending on the code, it may not be major. Dont blame the box without knowing what actually caused it. Yes, there have been alot of posts about quad boxes. this may be in part to their popularity, the more of the product that is in use, the more feedback you will receive.
atleast quad is present on this forum, and will normally respond. Being the holiday week, he may not be around.
I am very happy with mine.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:00 PM

Use dielectric grease on your connections and you will see that everything is just fine. At least that is what I did and everything is fine now.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:59 AM

no problems here but it seems like a majority of the problems been on the newer trucks.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:16 AM

I didn't intend to bash this product. Quad has a very good customer service. I am very pleased with the power this box puts out. Pulled my 5er for the 1st time since installing it, and very impressed with the performance. I did use dielectric grease on the connections this time also. Was just making talk about all the threads with the codes being set with these boxes. So far I'm very impressed with mine.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:45 AM

I have had mine for while...absolutely no codes thrown yet, just came back from a 3 K mile trip with out any problems.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:45 PM

Bought my xzt box a few months back. Installed it and was making a run into town when it started to run bad, really bad. Got home and shut her down, next morning ran fine, actualy ran fine for a while until I made a trip tp LA with the family and then it started to run bad again. I took my box off and installed the loop and it still ran bad so I put the box back on. That at least told me it was not the box but the wiring harness. Took the connections apart and cleaned and reapplied dialectric grease to all of them. While I was at it I connected the tps wire, No instructions for it in my manual so I never hooked it up. Found that info on here while looking around. Haven't had a problem one since and it seems to run a little stronger since connecting the tps wire. All is right with the world
Old 01-02-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have had mine on since thanksgiving. it has been flawless!
Old 01-02-2006, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by gichugoat
I didn't intend to bash this product. Quad has a very good customer service. I am very pleased with the power this box puts out. Pulled my 5er for the 1st time since installing it, and very impressed with the performance. I did use dielectric grease on the connections this time also. Was just making talk about all the threads with the codes being set with these boxes. So far I'm very impressed with mine.
Yes they have good customer service IMHO.I hope your problems are resolved quickly!!coobie