3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Quad X2 update software - Vista Ready???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quad X2 update software - Vista Ready???

I thought I'd post here in hopes of getting some info from Quad. I emailed Quadzilla's customer support almost 2 weeks ago, and haven't recieved a response yet. I just checked the Quadzilla website, and it still says that the update software is not compatible with Windows Vista, however, someone posted in a different thread a week ago that it was now working. Is this true?

Also, does the X2 Race need to be sent back in to convert it to pressure only (for the purpose of stacking)? Or can I just download the software update for it?
Thanks.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:47 PM

its working with vista now,it says on the site with a big vista sign,i was having issues with my xp laptop but it worked the first time with the new vista,they have presure only tunes too for the x2,i ran that with my pred tuner
Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by duallydave
its working with vista now,it says on the site with a big vista sign,i was having issues with my xp laptop but it worked the first time with the new vista,they have presure only tunes too for the x2,i ran that with my pred tuner
I'd sure like to know where you are seeing that....I just went back in and checked again and I didnt see anything!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:18 PM

Also, does the X2 Race need to be sent back in to convert it to pressure only (for the purpose of stacking)? Or can I just download the software update for it?
Thanks.

You can just do the pressure only download, no need to ship...
Old 04-04-2008, 11:06 AM

heres where ive seen it.http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...3-04_RACE.html
i havent checked for the 04.5-07 but i know it worked fine for my 04 race on my vista laptop the first time,also there is a presure only tune designed for stacking,ive used it with my pred tuner.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:17 PM

Yeah, that's not on the 04-07 list.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:47 PM

No need to send in the X2. Just download the pressure only tune.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 PM

Well, I attempted the update for 04-07 using my Vista computer, and no luck. Tried both running it from the website, and by downloading and running them from there. Would be nice if Quad would chime in on this.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:09 PM

Sorry, been a little busy. My wife had a baby yesterday so I am playing catch up.

The Vista Tunes will all be 2/8/08 or later. Just a quick glance and it does not look like we have them up. With that said these will work with Vista if you have the original version of Vista and have not updated it with any of the service packs. It does not sound like it is working for you though.

I am not sure why it is not fully updated but, I can get someone to do that Monday or Tuesday.

If you have some sort of emergency or dyno event or something like that, let me know and I will see if I can build an update and email it to you. I am on a cellular card so I may not be able to get the email to work with that size file though?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:19 PM

Congrats to you Quad, Mrs. Quad and Baby Quad!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Sorry, been a little busy. My wife had a baby yesterday so I am playing catch up.

If you have some sort of emergency or dyno event or something like that,....
Hey, congrat's on the baby! Enjoy the young years when all they do is eat, poop, and sleep. I'm ready to pay someone to take my 17 yr old.......and my oldest, who lives down by you in Waco, just made me a 40 yr old gramps.

I went to my daughters PC and loaded it (she's got XP). I'm starting with Race Stack MPG, and the Smarty on level 3 (4.11 mild torque program).

My "emergency" is that I'm leaving in the morning on a trip to the east side of Montana, for my Dad and Brothers bull sale. They, of course, run Fords, and I wanted it set up right! I also wanted to be able to get a feel for the mileage with this setup. I've got years of records for this trip, and it gives a very comprehensive feel for the mileage (although running 80 across MT and Idaho tends to put me in 15 range - cant expect anything good at that speed).
Old 04-04-2008, 10:13 PM

congrats Quad, Vista not working for me but I got 2 XP machine for now until MS get there crap straitened out.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:08 PM

Any updates on this? I just tried with my vista machine and no luck. Anyone else getting it to work?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:49 AM

I tried this and no luck for me. Has anyone else had trouble with the updates on Vista. I PM'ed Quad over a week ago and no response from him at all. Even sent the email to Quadzilla's techs with the error message as per their request on their site and no word from them either.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by yelloz28
I tried this and no luck for me. Has anyone else had trouble with the updates on Vista. I PM'ed Quad over a week ago and no response from him at all. Even sent the email to Quadzilla's techs with the error message as per their request on their site and no word from them either.
Yeah, that pretty much tells us the answer to this thread - 'specially given how long ago it was started.

Quick Reply: Quad X2 update software - Vista Ready???