3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quad Race and stacking???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad Race and stacking???

What stacks well with the Quad race box? Ive been running the BDPP on performance and the Quad up on lvl 3 and it runs hard, but wonder if there is a better stack or something else I can stack with it?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:55 AM

Try a VA3.2, a lot of people like that stack, but they say it is pretty smokey!

Quad
Old 08-02-2006, 01:42 PM

I ran that stack and man did it fuel hard on the bottom end. It does smoke quite a bit though. I liked it but with my new turbo it got really hot so I had to switch to my current stack.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:49 PM

well for some reason or another, I dont want a van akin box.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:52 PM

Nothing wrong with a Van Aaken box. The Quad box does Timing and some pressure so you need a duration only box to stack with it. The VA C3.2 is the perfect candidate....

Is there a reason you don't like that box?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:39 PM

ive got mine stacked with bddl with crazy larry with both always cranked up all the way
Old 08-02-2006, 11:21 PM

Well, I know I have special flashes for the XZT when stacking with the Diablo, Juice and TST. We also stack well with the BDDL as you already know.

I guess before we recommend something we need to know what you are wanting? Is there something that you do not like about the BDDL? IS there something that is lacking and you are searching for.

Quad
Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 PM

Well it seems like I could push it a tad more, but with the Bdpp, with quad box turned to stock, I cant put the bdpp on extreme? It, when hammered, will blow black smoke and run like my tranny is going to explode and the truck shutters and doesnt move correctly! I really dont know how else to describe it. The stack runs great @ lvl 3 quad race, and bdpp on performance. Just no bdpp on extreme.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:58 PM

You need tranny parts, not a different stack.

You have 35's and a stock tranny with 450+ rwhp. Not a good combo. You probably have a lot more power on tap than you realize.

Start looking at TC and valve bodies. If you are wanting more power in the future you need to cinch it up and buy a full tranny that has is built for a lot of power. You will get a new warranty from the tranny manufacturer so who cares about loosing the factory warranty on the trans.

Just my .02. I do not think you will be happy with any other electronics until you get the tranny fixed.

I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but it is the truth.

Quad
Old 08-03-2006, 04:33 AM

You also need a better lift pump. What you are probably feeling is the fuel rail running out of fuel from the measly 8 psi max stock LP. Before I started stacking I got a FASS. Glacier Diesel also sells a popular Walbro pump kit. Of course with that kind of power you need a converter and valve body too as was already explained...

You have got to do it right Dude! It's fun making the power but if you don't have all the supporting mods your truck will break.......
Old 08-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

so the Bullydog is a good stack?

Quad does timing and pressure....so the bullydog is only duration??

I am looking for a better stack than my Bullydog/EZ.

any commentary on the bullydog/quad stack would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:45 PM

Well I really like it. I feel like with a lift pump and tranny upgrades it and turned up all the way, it will really run! I can even get the crazy larry, but I dont know what that will do. I too think its the fuel rail running dry. Although I would think you could run the bdpp on extreme by itself without running out of fuel, but mine cannot.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:48 PM

The quad boxes are great. Good quality, and super quick install. The power is smooth and torque'y and pulls all the way through with good power. I would have to say its one of the best box's for the money.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:16 AM

I think the Bully Dog is more than duration. For some reason the BDDLs seem to work great with many boxes that they are not "supposed" to work with. Meaning that they work with boxes that modify some of the same parameters.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Banned

Boss hog- I have a FASS and tranny parts...so i'm good in that department.

my concern is stacking 2 products that modify the same things....i know the Bullydog adds pressure on the extreme and Crazy Larry Programs, but dont know how else the BDDL makes power. i'll try to find out from bullydog.

Quick Reply: Quad Race and stacking???