3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

powerpup question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
powerpup question

purchased a Bully Dog power-pup down loader about a month ago for my 05'. its a 4x4 6sd, only other mod is a 4" cat back with resonator removed. My intent like many is to keep it in tow mode for a little extra kick. MY PROBLEM is at about 2200 trottle response is terrible. I experience this in any gear but 6th is especially noticeable as 2200 is about 75 mph and I live there. It does this in any mode (tow, performance, extreme). Bully dog sent me a updated version 1.54 and no change (they have suggested that my truck is to blame). With the chip off my truck is smooth as silk up to redline.

Note: If I hammer on the throttle it runs well, no problems. Its just won't cruise between 2200-2500 rpms.

I am thinking of going to an edge. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:27 PM

Fuel filter, maybe? I had that problem when my pup was at 1.0, but since then updated to 1.4. I was thinking about sending it in again, but if there are problems with later version, I may not.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:29 PM

Could anyone give me a pro vs. con comparing power-pup to an Edge Juice?
Old 06-09-2005, 03:55 PM

well, ive tried both and unless you get the hot juice power is one difference and then ease of instalation, neither is hard, but the power pup is eaiser
Old 06-09-2005, 05:42 PM

I've tried both

The Juice is smoother on acceleration. Probably the BDDL is a bit stronger. With the EZ stacked with thte Juice that setup is definitely stronger than the BDDL. Exceptionally smooth and probably the best setup you can get and maintain EGTs with a stock turbo. you will have to have a built tranny or upgraded clutch. Then I went to the HOT. The HOT is a strong upgrade but the EGTs are too much for a stock Turbo. And when I stacked it with the EZ it actually ran slower with the EZ stacked. That may have been due to the stock Turbo however,..not sure. I now have the CLDL along with the HOT. That's a sweet setup if you keep things low to go!! I keep the CLDL on 2 and the HOT on 3 and it's as much as the stock turbo wants. I'm sure I can get better performance once I decide on the right Turbo. I have run the CLDL by itself and it's a very HOT ticket. I have a built tranny and my CLDL is without the Outlook which means it doesn't defuel. What a kick to hit high gear and not have the box defuel!!! You are definitely flying. The CLDL like the BDDL is a little touchy on the throttle but outside of that and once you learn to drive with it then your ok. My posted dyno numbers were with the stock Juice and EZ. I haven't been since I added these other things. I'm waiting till I upgrade the turbo and should be well over the 500hp level. My $.02.