3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Post your wheel pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
I just e-mailed him so once I hear from him I will let you know!!! Now you got me changing my truck every 10 days!!!!j/k

Shane
It's fun! He will e-mail you tomorrow even though it's Sunday assuming their e-mail server comes back up. He PM'ed me about 6 hours ago saying it was down, so you can be sure that he will as soon as it's up and running.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
It's fun! He will e-mail you tomorrow even though it's Sunday assuming their e-mail server comes back up. He PM'ed me about 6 hours ago saying it was down, so you can be sure that he will as soon as it's up and running.
Yeah my truck is now my Drug of choice!!! Not that I've ever done drugs but that is the only thing I have to compare it to unless your talking about the two lovely ladies in my life.. My girlfriend and daughter.. They have to come first...
Old 02-11-2007, 01:03 AM

Yeah my truck is now my Drug of choice!!! Not that I've ever done drugs but that is the only thing I have to compare it to unless your talking about the two lovely ladies in my life.. My girlfriend and daughter.. They have to come first...
Yes they do. I know what you mean. I enjoy the modifying process itself as much as I do the final product. I just enjoy transforming a stock truck into what my interpretation of what it SHOULD have been is.

I can't wait to see yours!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Banned

D. Thank for all of your help and insight!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:10 AM

wiggs,

about how long more till we(you) can find out if they make noise or not?

one thing about the low pro's is that they will not have the tread life like a big rig wheel....but they sure look sweet!

and david won't offer sumi's anymore?...bummer

i really fell in love with yours.

darren
Old 02-11-2007, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by darrenb
wiggs,

about how long more till we(you) can find out if they make noise or not?

one thing about the low pro's is that they will not have the tread life like a big rig wheel....but they sure look sweet!

and david won't offer sumi's anymore?...bummer

i really fell in love with yours.

darren
He will get them if you want them; I just meant he is not going to stock them because that is how amazing the new Goodyear's are. Unfortunately, it may be awhile before I can report on the noise factor because I have to have the brackets for the suspension welded on which may or may NOT happen this service visit and until those are welded, Don will not have the measurements he needs to finish my suspension. From the time he gets the measurements, I will have my stuff in about 2-3 weeks and then I have to have it put on. I was planning on doing my stacks at the same time as the suspension which will probably take about a week given the extensive mods that must be made inorder for them to work (viz., cutting and modifying my Diamondback cover and then re-powdercoating it) so I would guess it will toward the end of March....I know! I know! I hate it too; but unfortunately these tires will not come close to fitting on a stock truck...Although I still may put them on for fun!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Banned

He will get them if you want them; I just meant he is not going to stock them because that is how amazing the new Goodyear's are. Unfortunately, it may be awhile before I can report on the noise factor because I have to have the brackets for the suspension welded on which may or may NOT happen this service visit and until those are welded, Don will not have the measurements he needs to finish my suspension. From the time he gets the measurements, I will have my stuff in about 2-3 weeks and then I have to have it put on. I was planning on doing my stacks at the same time as the suspension which will probably take about a week given the extensive mods that must be made inorder for them to work (viz., cutting and modifying my Diamondback cover and then re-powdercoating it) so I would guess it will toward the end of March....I know! I know! I hate it too; but unfortunately these tires will not come close to fitting on a stock truck...Although I still may put them on for fun!

Are the new tires an MT?? Those are some sweeet looking tires.. Now I really want to talk to David... What is the life expectancy on those????
Rating's and all of that..

Shane
Old 02-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Banned

What sizes do they come in?? Do you know??? I think I read where you were going 42's... I would like to stay in the 35 to 37 range..

Shane
Old 02-11-2007, 01:19 AM

Are the new tires an MT?? Those are some sweeet looking tires.. Now I really want to talk to David... What is the life expectancy on those????
Rating's and all of that..

Shane
Get ready to drool...

Mud and Snow rated
250,000 mile life expectancy on our trucks
6200lb. PER tire capacity!

And just look at how the quarter disappears in that tread!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:21 AM

What sizes do they come in?? Do you know??? I think I read where you were going 42's... I would like to stay in the 35 to 37 range..

Shane
They come in 255/70 (exactly like the Sumi's I am running now which are 36.9") and 295/75 (which are 40.5"). The other sizes include an 11R 22.5 and some others. Here are the full specs http://www.goodyear.com/cfmx/web/tru...ine=G164%20RTD
Old 02-11-2007, 01:24 AM

wiggs, do you know what may be involved in lowering a 4x4 dually? as 4x4's were not designed to be dropped..i figure with all your extensive research and knowledge, you may know a bit about this, or even looked into it at one time....shouldn't be as difficult as liftng one right?

anyone know of a good drop kit for a 4x4?

here are more pics: a mega dually which is too slammed for my liking and a quad dually which has the ideal stance i prefer .....i just wish there were more pics floating around on the net of modified mega dually's!!!

darren
Old 02-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Banned

They come in 255/70 (exactly like the Sumi's I am running now which are 36.9") and 295/75 (which are 40.5"). The other sizes include an 11R 22.5 and some others. Here are the full specs http://www.goodyear.com/cfmx/web/tru...ine=G164%20RTD
255/70 here I come!!! Now I'm goona have to contact Theuren to get my truck taller when I said I wasn't going to lift it... How much higher will I need to go 2" or 3" I can live with that... and 250.000 Oooooh he!!!!!!!! yeah...
I'm a lifer for now..

Darrnb - them megacab dually are so darned good looking!!! I so wish my dealer had one when I was there no thanks to D. Wiggs....

Shane
Old 02-11-2007, 01:29 AM

I think that the problem is that there just aren't that many modded mega duallies in existence to have a lot of pics of them. I actually prefer the mega dually to the quad even though it is lower, I think it just looks better. Personally, I do not like the lowered look at all; but to each his own.

As far as doing it, I know nothing about lowering 4x4's, or 4x2s for that matter!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:31 AM

255/70 here I come!!! Now I'm goona have to contact Theuren to get my truck taller when I said I wasn't going to lift it... How much higher will I need to go 2" or 3" I can live with that... and 250.000 Oooooh he!!!!!!!! yeah...
I'm a lifer for now..

Darrnb - them megacab dually are so darned good looking!!! I so wish my dealer had one when I was there no thanks to D. Wiggs....

Shane
For the 255s, you don't "NEED" any lift. I personally would run a nice lift that raises the front 2" and the rear about 4" so that way you are sitting totally level and can get full articulation out of your suspension. Also, that setup (with a Road Armor front bumper) and assuming Thuren's suspension pushed yoru axle forward like mine, would allow you to upgrade to the 295s should you so choose!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:02 AM

Shane - like those Makos. What are the specs on them? Backspacing, offset?

Quick Reply: Post your wheel pictures