3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pics of 3rd gen winch bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djgaston
I just bought this new Road Armor bumper. I was going to get the stealth but this prerunner bar will allow me to mount all four KC lights, plus it covers up the big hole where the winch goes.

Mine will be painted to match the truck and I'm putting a Warn 16.5k winch in there.

DJ - that's a nice looking bumper! The only thing I have to say negative about it is all the advertising and 'Road Armor' logos. Is that normal or did you add some additional logos?

Also, does the pre-runner have the light tabs or do you have to weld them on?

Last but not least what general price range was the bumper?

Thanks!
J.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SOOTER
DJ - that's a nice looking bumper! The only thing I have to say negative about it is all the advertising and 'Road Armor' logos. Is that normal or did you add some additional logos?

Also, does the pre-runner have the light tabs or do you have to weld them on?

Last but not least what general price range was the bumper?

Thanks!
J.
Yeah, I'm not real fond of the Road Armor cutout on the bottom particularly. I wish that was solid. You can get it solid, probably, for an extra fee. Custom work is like $250. It seems like they would do it for no cost, or cheap, since it would require less work for them. There are also two small RA logos cut out on the sides under the headlights but on the side of the truck, and of course the Road Armor text above the winch plate, which you don't have to install. It's all a bit much.

The truck and bumper in the pic is not mine. I just got the same bumper.

The pre-runner bar comes with two light tabs, I had two more added since I have four KC lights.

The front bumper was $1503.77 raw metal, plus $250 for the extra tabs (yes, I'm dead serious, I should have just welded them on myself). I also got the rear bumper, which is half price right now. That's the only reason I wasn't real upset about the crazy charge for the extra light tabs.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:08 PM

Does anyone have a pic(s) of the new Road Armor bumper on an '06 OTHER than the one on the show truck Road Armor features on their website.

Everything on that truck is so heavily modified I cannot get a good luck at what it would look like on my truck!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Does anyone have a pic(s) of the new Road Armor bumper on an '06 OTHER than the one on the show truck Road Armor features on their website.

Everything on that truck is so heavily modified I cannot get a good luck at what it would look like on my truck!
I just sent them an email today asking the same question. If they send me some pics ill put em in here.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Boz007
I just sent them an email today asking the same question. If they send me some pics ill put em in here.
Thanks! You da man!
Old 09-17-2006, 12:25 AM

Old 09-17-2006, 12:41 AM

WOW! All these choices!! I still think I'll design my own!! Always doing things the hard way

Texas CTD what kind of rims are you running?? I like the blacked out look with the chrome center caps!

Rick
Old 09-17-2006, 01:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by runamuk
.................Texas CTD what kind of rims are you running?? I like the blacked out look with the chrome center caps!

Rick

Rick,

They are stock OEM aluminum wheels that have been sandblasted and powdercoated. I looked at some aftermarket wheels, but none of them have the right backspacing. I don't like the wheels that stick out from under the truck. And, this was alot cheaper to do. $45 per wheel. Thanks for the compliment!

Last edited by TexasCTD; 09-17-2006 at 01:56 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 09-17-2006, 08:06 AM

Denver Offroad. I would really like to see one of these on an 06+ so if anyone knows someone who has one, please take pictures.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:47 PM

I've got the Ranchhand Legened Series bumper. I absolutely love it and so does everybody else, I get alot of thumbs up . Mine does not have the winch plate but you can get one that does. Check my photo gallery.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:07 PM

Old 09-18-2006, 06:01 PM

I agree so many decisions. My truck got some front end damage this weekend thanks to some dumbass kid at the carwash, who thought he knew how to drive a 6 speed. So now the car wash is paying for front end damage on my truck and a whole lotta work to some womans mini van. So RA bumpers will not fit stock fog lights, thats disappointing to hear. That is what I was wanting to order.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:25 PM

Where can you buy those denver off road bumpers? I kind of like the looks of it.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by socal 610
Brand? Price?
Old 09-19-2006, 01:00 PM

try their web site

outofourway.com

Quick Reply: Pics of 3rd gen winch bumpers