3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Peragon Aluminum Bed Cover

Old 12-03-2005, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peragon Aluminum Bed Cover

Today I purchased a Peragon Aluminum bed cover for my 2004.5. To old to lift a topper on and off and thougt this would be a good fit as it is powder coated, foldable and loackable. They have it for $499.00 plus $79.00 shipping. Kind of expensive but I did not want to loose any X-mas presents on my way up north to the scrooge. I will post again when it arrives and I install it. Here is the link if anyone wants to look at these covers and give me their opinion.
http://www.peragon.com
Old 12-03-2005, 11:47 PM

It's a very nice bed cover, I have the Fold-a-cover for mine, and kind of like it, kinda don't like it. Just watch in the cold weather after it rains. Ive heard from a few people who have covers like these that slide in tracks, if any rain or anything gets in there, they tend to freeze up, and the covers won't glide in their tracks like there supposed to. I watched the video on the website, Does your cover glide back and forth as smooth as on the video??

I wish I would of saw this cover before I got mine, not as bulky to open or close like my Fold-a-cover.

Good luck with it
Old 12-04-2005, 12:05 AM

I live in the south so hopefully I wont experience too much trouble with the ice and snow. I used to have a foldable cover on my Dodge Ram 1500 gasser and like it except that it left about 16" in the front where it still covered the bed.
I should recieve it late next week and will let you know if it is as good as the vid.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:09 PM

dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have it and all it did was leak ,1st,pain to open,2nd allways binding up ,3rd,save the 400 bucks and put it toawds a cap or something else,4th they said it would work w/ my trac rac ladder racks proberly would but not enough patience,5th leaks ,6th leaks,oh and 7th there is no anti theft about it i had some kids try to open it they couldnt get it open (too much hassel they ot mad and jumped on it and fuxed it all up ,8 th want it? its in mygarage its all yours just come and get it .ther is no word that can define how much i hated it
Old 12-04-2005, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by irocin350
dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have it and all it did was leak ,1st,pain to open,2nd allways binding up ,3rd,save the 400 bucks and put it toawds a cap or something else,4th they said it would work w/ my trac rac ladder racks proberly would but not enough patience,5th leaks ,6th leaks,oh and 7th there is no anti theft about it i had some kids try to open it they couldnt get it open (too much hassel they ot mad and jumped on it and fuxed it all up ,8 th want it? its in mygarage its all yours just come and get it .ther is no word that can define how much i hated it

I would definitally take this into consideration!! I would listen to a customers experiance with a product before I would listen to what the company would say!!!

By the looks of it, I think IROCIN350 had some problems, and I think somewhere in his comments he said it leaks....

I spent a few hundered bucks on my Dual-comp liner, and another couple o' hundred on Mopar Diamond plate steps and flaps, and I can tell ya, NOT SATISFIED AT ALL!!! Wish I had that money back!!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:08 AM

I used a Peragon for about a year - some leaks, but not horrendous, and they are very honest about that fact - don't claim to be watertight. My issues were that 1) the thing was a bear to open - after 7-8 adjustments and advice from the manufacturer, I gave up. It never did open without MAJOR pressure on the forward panel and binding, and never opened as easily as their demo video. 2) the track "ramp" that the cover rollers follow as the panels go vertical would not stay in position - when I got to the point that I was gonna have to drill into the bed to mount brackets, I went hunting for a replacement cover - more on that in a bit. 3) removing the panels to allow full bed use requires only the removal of 1 small lockpin - simple concept. Problem is, you must have the hands and wrists of a small chilt to get to it, but the finger strength of an adult to unlock and remove the pin while holding the panels aligned so the pin doesn't bind in the holes, and 4) panels are thin and very flimsy, which is one reason the thing binds so easily.
When I got tired of this, I bought a Fold-A-Cover - much more sturdy, no rolling sliding parts, and with the panels folded forward, you lose about as much top space as you do with the Peragon all the way open - but the bed is open underneath, so you can use the full length and depth of the bed. The Peragon panels fold down into the bed, plus ther are two brackets and a crossbar the close off the forward 1.5 feet or so of the bed. To remove the Fold-A-Cover requires an Allen wrench and removal of four bolts that can be reached from outside the bed - no biggie.
Sorry for the length, but figgered you were after some details. Fold-A-Cover gets my vote, no contest!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:30 AM

I had looked seriously at that cover for a while. I also heard stories like the ones above, and opted for the Retrax cover. That cover is great. Easy to operate, easy to install, and it really is water tight. The cover doesn't leak, but the tailgate does (on the sides). So far I really like it alot. It was expensive, but I plan to keep the truck for at least 10 years, hopefully 15, and I figured the reviews I got said it was worth the expense. It really is easy to operate, and isn't spring loaded like the other retractable covers.

$.02
Old 12-05-2005, 02:56 PM

One more vote for the Retrax, I have had it for about a year now and has performed flawlessly.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:47 PM

Any of you guys have a pic. or link of this Retrax cover? I never heard of it before?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Badd Dogg Guy19
Any of you guys have a pic. or link of this Retrax cover? I never heard of it before?
I don't have a pic right now, but the website is www.rolltopcover.com.

I bought it through truckaddons.com, I think.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:07 PM

like i said earlyer in my opinion ,it stinks ,also you can have mine in the garage with all the other useless toys
Old 12-06-2005, 07:36 PM

Crap

Cancel your order man.I dont post much here but read every night .I have one on my Dodge and it is a big peice of chit.It is a pain to open,will burn the finger prints of your digits and leaks water like it not even there.I wrote them and email to complain and they sent me the old must not be adjusted right letter back.I have fought this cover till I have decided to cut my losses and junk it.The video they show you is not any where near true.It takes two hands pushing like hell to open it and to close it you have to pull like hell.I wish I had not bought it.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:33 PM

If you are going to order the Retrax I would find the lowest price first then give Retrax a call directly , they met the price I found.