3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Not a way to start the New Year

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be sure to do that. Just let me intall my stg 1 CP3 tomorrow or sat and see where that gets me. But i do think I will be calling sat, if I cant figure anything out.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Banned

I fought toothand nail to find out if my hg was blown in my 06 So I should be able to help you out.There is little room for error when installing the hg with O-rings
Old 01-01-2009, 01:57 PM

It is very possible that there is an issue with the head gaset. But the poping was present a long time ago before i did any of this work, I am still trying to figure out what is causing that.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:50 PM

just throwing out a possiblity...maybe some pieces of the compressor wheel in the turbo were laying in the intake manifold and found their way back into your 07 head? there might be a floating valve? or one that isnt closing completely? even though your engine was doing it before...im just checking, is the cam timed correctly to the motor?
Old 01-01-2009, 05:58 PM

Could your timing be off? This is way out of my league of mechanical ability but Im just throwing out suggestions. I had a rough idle issue but a new FCA fixed that.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:05 PM

I went out and started the truck, The idle was smoother this morning, but the Rail pressure was jumoing around once I put it in drive and the truck was ideling wierd. It warmed up and went back to the same rough idle, I didnt drive it around any.

I am getting a stage 1 Wicked pump tomorrow. Well see what that fixes. Do the FCA's really go out on these things that often? Everyone is always talking about them
Old 01-01-2009, 06:28 PM

I drive it around a bit and I noticed something strange. When I get on the gas pretty good from a dead stop and I completly let off the accelerator 50ft later the truck wants to keep going, like the turbo is pushing it, or maybe the FCA is stuck open and its feeding it fuel, the rail pressure jumps around alot when it does this. I dont think I am barking the turbo, but just incase I am turbo bark wont accelerate the vehicle will it?
Old 01-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Banned

What is your rail gauge doing during these conditions?
Old 01-01-2009, 06:45 PM

i think it is a fuel condition. possibly you have a dirty fuel filter? they need to be changed every 15K miles. i just changed my the other day with 11K miles on it and it was pretty dark. maybe some debris passed through you filter and in the FCA when the piston in the FCA gets scored or something from debris it can stick or cause other problems. i think the new CP3 might fix your problems. keep us posted
Old 01-01-2009, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by bluechrome
What is your rail gauge doing during these conditions?
jumping back and fourth from 10-15k BBRAM on CF told me that this is normal with the higher beta setting on the smarty.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:55 PM

My truck is kind of having the same issue. It only does it on even number on the smarty. When it loaded on the even numbers it pops and white smokes and it weak. But if I load the odd numbers it does not do it. When we put my injectors in my truck we had broke a bolt off in the head so the dealer put a new head on my truck a long story about that so I dont need to get in to that. But the dealer put a new head on my truck so could there be something wrong with the new 07 heads. I just can't figure it out way the truck just does it with even numbers on the smarty. I was not trying to hyjack your post my truck having simlar issue. So could it be something wrong with our heads.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by slimerept
When I get on the gas pretty good from a dead stop and I completly let off the accelerator 50ft later the truck wants to keep going, like the turbo is pushing it, or maybe the FCA is stuck open and its feeding it fuel, the rail pressure jumps around alot when it does this.
That sounds like you have way to much fuel pressure and the fuel that is past the CP3 is still feeding into the injectors. Either that or you have an injectors sticking on it. Do you have the fuel pressure turned up somewhere?
Old 01-02-2009, 04:41 AM

No pressure box, and im sure the beta adds pressure but nothing like the revo and tnt tunes. it sounds like aninjector isse but im not convinced because the truck had the same problems with the stock injectors and now these new ones? Highly inprobable. Maybe its a bad ground, or a ecu problem IF afterinstalling the Stage I cp3 tomorrow doesnt cure anything.

I wonder if the rail pressure sensor is acting up? Just strange there are no codes.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slimerept
No pressure box, and im sure the beta adds pressure but nothing like the revo and tnt tunes. it sounds like aninjector isse but im not convinced because the truck had the same problems with the stock injectors and now these new ones? Highly inprobable. Maybe its a bad ground, or a ecu problem IF afterinstalling the Stage I cp3 tomorrow doesnt cure anything.

I wonder if the rail pressure sensor is acting up? Just strange there are no codes.
All the beta's have pressure in them,more than the revo tunes unles you select a RP of 3 or 4 then your in the ball park of the beta's.Your popping and jerking could very well be a cp-3 issue.Get that new pump on let us know how it goes.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Banned

might be due to the rail being capped off........... if I read your sig correctly. take the ten minutes, undue that cap, and get on the road and report back.

Quick Reply: Not a way to start the New Year