3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

no luck at all- F-1 guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that sucks. any idea on what it cost to send them back in to get inspected?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
update. got the new injecter in and also the modified connector tubes some things I have noticed:
first the power is back and higher
the truck starts easier and no longer has the white smoke at start-up even thought it has been decompressed
the rp is a little lower but the single pump seems to be keeping up. I can tell it is using more fuel I can now pull my fuel pressure down on a good romp on the throttle unlike before the fp gauge would not move
one odd thing is the smoke level had gone down alot than before. Not sure if I had a bad injector other than the cracked one or what but smoke it down
I have also noticed the egt is up say 100 cruising and not had many wot runs (waiting on my water pumps to come back)
Old 10-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Banned

who do i contact to send my mach 6s in to get insp? i have a post goin but no real answers?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by theonlyz
who do i contact to send my mach 6s in to get insp? i have a post goin but no real answers?
look up f1 website and it has a list of his venders you can call.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

Ya thats exactly what i yesterday afternoon between 1000 and 1200 and none of them picked up. Im not the kind of guy to leave a message either. If my memory serves me right i called 5 dealers and nothing.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by theonlyz
Ya thats exactly what i yesterday afternoon between 1000 and 1200 and none of them picked up. Im not the kind of guy to leave a message either. If my memory serves me right i called 5 dealers and nothing.

These aren't large corporations with receptionists to answer the phone and send you over to tech support. These are mostly small proprietorships with just 1 or maybe a few employees.....who may have been to lunch, already on the phone with another customer, or out in the shop working on a customers truck. Just call one and leave your name and number. Im sure they will get back with you as soon as they can. They want your business. Just because they can't answer the phone right then and there at that moment you shouldn't give up or assume the worse. My 2 cents.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Banned

Some of you guys sure make a lot of excuses for bad business practices.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Banned

I wasnt for one second saying anything bad about anything. I just thought maybe I wasnt on the right track. I called all over the country and no pick up. No where does it say anything about cleaning and insp on f1 injectors on there sights it just says retailers. That lead me to believe that they get distributed and sold. So what I was looking for was a way to bypass that all and get the injectors straight to where they need to be for insp. So where is there an excuse for bad business in that? Id appreciate if you would keep your comments to yourself if you dont have any imput. Im here to get answers not to get accused.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
These aren't large corporations with receptionists to answer the phone and send you over to tech support. These are mostly small proprietorships with just 1 or maybe a few employees.....who may have been to lunch, already on the phone with another customer, or out in the shop working on a customers truck. Just call one and leave your name and number. Im sure they will get back with you as soon as they can. They want your business. Just because they can't answer the phone right then and there at that moment you shouldn't give up or assume the worse. My 2 cents.

Wasn't referring to your situation.......referring to this quote.......I don't see how you misunderstood my comments........good luck, and I'll keep my opinions to my self.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

o well sorry about that. I just figured u thought I was saying they had bad practices for not answering. On the other hand I do understand these are small shops and the stars must have aligned just right to not reach any of them. Thanks for them help, I just wish Don had a way of contacting him so I can get these things off to get looked at.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by annabelle
Wasn't referring to your situation.......referring to this quote.......I don't see how you misunderstood my comments........good luck, and I'll keep my opinions to my self.

Apparently I SHOULD have kept my opinion to myself too.... I wasn't trying to start trouble.....just offering a possible reason or reasons why they might not have answered the phone at that moment on that day. Best of luck to you 'theonlyz', in getting your injectors handled. IM kinda surprized one of the vendors hasn't seen this post and commented or pm'd you yet.

By the way....after FINALLY making contact with one of Don's dealers, he will give you info to ship them direct to Don.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned

Hey, your opinion is as good as mine......just sharing mine.......you aren't starting trouble......not with me anyway. Next time I'm in Whitesboro I'll give you a shout.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by annabelle
Hey, your opinion is as good as mine......just sharing mine.......you aren't starting trouble......not with me anyway. Next time I'm in Whitesboro I'll give you a shout.

No problem. We can meet in Sherman and you can buy me dinner <jk>..

Old 10-11-2009, 01:56 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rpainter, glad they run good for you. keep us up on the performance.

theonlyz, check here and call one of these guys:

http://www.f1diesel.com/contacts.html they will have the answers you need.

annabelle, you love stepping into discussions about me with your "opinion". This same thing got this thread closed earlier this year here:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...n-t236748.html

and of course this thread too:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/....html?t=236782

I guess your bored again today? Pot stirring perhaps?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

Thanks a ton guys no harm no foul. I am just glad to get some answers.

texasctd I totally understand where you are coming from and agree. I guess I need to just leave a message and engage in the phone tag game. Thats why I usually dont like leaving messages since I am usually on the run.

annabelle sorry to bust ur b@lls I thought u were givin me heck about not wanting to leave a message

Don I used that sight to get all the numbers that I called friday afternoon. This time I'll leave a message and get those off to you and look forward to spreading the word about how sweet these really are. Cant wait to feel the power!!

Quick Reply: no luck at all- F-1 guys