3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Suspension is on and great!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New Suspension is on and great!!!

A couple weeks ago I purchased a Suspension system from Thuren. I Got 2.5 kings, billet end links, 2.5 inch springs, rear 5 leaf mini pack, and the adjustable track bar.

First of all, all the parts from thuren are really nice. The track bar and shock towers are really stout. His stuff comes in raw steel so I had to paint it which I dont mind. All the rest of the stuff he sources out from other places.

The install was straight foward, I have put some spacers on the front before so I was familiar with the procedure, but I just took my time and made sure everything went together right. Of all the things I think mounting the front resivors was the toughest, I had to cut some plastic and make some brackets to mount them to, but all in all no big deal.

Don is really a first rate guy. He has been the most helpful sales/service person I have ever had. He did everything he could to accomodate some tight time constraints that I had. He also is extremely knowledgeable about these trucks. He even called me back on his day off because I had a question. He also answered all of my probably 20 phone calls about various things. I cant say enough about how he does his business. I highly recomend him for any of your suspension needs. Nothing but straight talk and none of the "ego" that is often asociated with these types of upgrades.

Next is the best part the ride. I havnt really tested this thingyet but From the little things I have noticed its awesome. It is a little firmer on the small stuff but not jaring, its a little hard to explain. But control is unbelieveable. Stuff that would shake the truck before I just glide over. I did bomb down a jobsite road that we have a project on, Before It was 5-8 mph dodgeing the big pot holes for fear of my truck falling apart, now it was 35-40 mph without any problems, I could have probably pused it harder but I am sure the neighbors didnt like it already. I cant wait to really put this stuff through the test. I will keep you updated, Sorry so long but I am REALLY excited
Old 09-05-2006, 08:25 PM

I also have the custom setup from Thuren. My truck is the one on his website under the Dodge King shock package deal. Don is a first rate guy and great to deal with.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:44 AM

cool, glad you like it. posting pics soon?

did your alignment shop know what to do with the track bar?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:37 AM

I will try and post pics havent had much luck with that before. I went ahead and centered the track bar my self and have yet to take it in. Later this week.