3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New download for smarty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New download for smarty?

Has anyone seen better performance with the aftermarket injectors and stock turbo download. Will the stock tranny handle the mild torque management program. I was going to try to download tonight. What program are you running on your smarty?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:53 PM

Mine has been a paperweight since I took it off. I have been waiting for the mileage/towing tune but it sounds like they are going to put it on the smarty jr. before they take care of the people that purchased the original smarty. The aftermarket injector did help some, but it is still to smokey while towing my 9500# trailer. Not bashing just hoping it will come out soon.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevin Krieger
Mine has been a paperweight since I took it off. I have been waiting for the mileage/towing tune but it sounds like they are going to put it on the smarty jr. before they take care of the people that purchased the original smarty. The aftermarket injector did help some, but it is still to smokey while towing my 9500# trailer. Not bashing just hoping it will come out soon.
dang man... that's a bit harsh. I know you're not bashing but, I would bet with all the download available, you could find something that works. They have taken care of those who bought it already by making all the download that are available. But, they also have to take care of other areas in the market too. Good business sense

CoolumConst all trucks react differently to many of the softwares. Your best bet is to try from mild to extreme with the newest available downloads. Don't go over #3 on any of them if you don't have a built tranny. You'll find one of them you'll like but.... you'll get used to it and want more ! Just use common sense with your foot and you'll be ok. Then get that tranny built !
Old 09-21-2007, 10:41 PM

I am currently on #5 with the software that came with it. I am very happy with it but there is all those others to choose from!!!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by tritont
dang man... that's a bit harsh. I know you're not bashing but, I would bet with all the download available, you could find something that works. They have taken care of those who bought it already by making all the download that are available. But, they also have to take care of other areas in the market too. Good business sense

CoolumConst all trucks react differently to many of the softwares. Your best bet is to try from mild to extreme with the newest available downloads. Don't go over #3 on any of them if you don't have a built tranny. You'll find one of them you'll like but.... you'll get used to it and want more ! Just use common sense with your foot and you'll be ok. Then get that tranny built !
Harsh, maybe...Not so sure.. Some of us have been complaining about towing with it.. We all love the performance unloaded but towing (while powerful) is too smoky even on the lowest levels, and in my case coats a VERY VERY expensive boat with soot, as well as my toy hauler.

The guys towing stuff that we don't want sooty are all anxiously awaiting a towing program to come out.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put on aftermarket injector/stock torque management on SW 1 and it is just manageable for me driving normally, no towing. I can still put a decent cloud out when I want to.

The stock injector/mild management program was fun but I was driving like there was an egg under the pedal to keep from blowing a lot of smoke.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by White97GTVert
Harsh, maybe...Not so sure.. Some of us have been complaining about towing with it.. We all love the performance unloaded but towing (while powerful) is too smoky even on the lowest levels, and in my case coats a VERY VERY expensive boat with soot, as well as my toy hauler.

The guys towing stuff that we don't want sooty are all anxiously awaiting a towing program to come out.

Absolutely took the words right out of my mouth. Mine sits waiting as well.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:00 AM

I am now running the Aftermarket Injector/Stock Turbo with Mild TM. I drasticly reduced my smoke levels and timing rattle.
I found it a little weaker power wise though from the stock injector program so i'm running it on SW#5 and love it.
Best MPG the truck has seen yet as well.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:14 PM

Did ya'll miss ALL of those posts you read PRIOR to buying that said "THIS THING SMOKES A LOT......"?????

Sometimes we sound like the city folk that move to the country then complain about the smell of cow pooh..
Old 09-22-2007, 08:38 PM

If I do get a Smarty at some point, I'll still hang on to the Predator for towing. Zero smoke and plenty of power on the tow setting.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
cameroned after the next release you can chuck the puck. We have the smoke and egt's reduced like non other.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2007, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
cameroned after the next release you can chuck the puck. We have the smoke and egt's reduced like non other.

Thanks
Bob this is great news,

I bought a Smarty literally right after you got them shipped from Marco. I met you in a parking lot at Lowes in Auburn so I could get my hands on it without waiting!

My question for you Bob is when will the new release be available? Are we still talking months away? I am excited to see the next evolution.

And to the guys saying we didn't read up on it... Well I was probably one of the first people to have one and that info wasn't out yet. I LOVE THE THING. I just don't like staining my $800k boat!
Old 09-23-2007, 01:40 AM

Thanks
Lets have it!! I need timing for LOW EGTS and NO smoke and plenty of power! Thanks
Old 09-23-2007, 11:08 AM

Version S-03 (98.5 - 2002) has Speed limiter adjustability now. S-06 upgrades are soon to follow.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
No more smoke we hope!

Thanks
That's music to our ears! Bring on the update!

Quick Reply: New download for smarty?