3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The new Dodgezilla..........

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new Dodgezilla..........

Well, she's done. Simple yet refined. The Bling is gone and I like it. No performance mods and it's not getting any either except for anything that will raise mileage legally. I pulled all that junk out of the intake tube but that's it. All I've done is the SRT10 hood, MOPAR grill guard and bed caps, mudflaps, 6" tip, MOPAR step bars, Tailgate spoiler, and the obvious steel ST rims painted to match the rockers along with chrome center caps and trim rings. Lastly are the 285/70-17 Nitto Dura Grapplers which are E-Rated and seem like a very nice tire. They make zero noise and are a highway tread but seem like they will do well even in the snow and ice.
The look will grow on you. Most people don't care for it at first because we are so used to seeing these trucks decked out with aftermarket wheels with big tires. I don't like most of the aftermarket rims I see out there. I like to be different and I think I achieved that here. The pictures are kind of small and really take away from the look. A full size picture looks so much better but. The truck is dirty and it was overcast outside but I wanted to take some pictures anyways.....

Old 04-02-2008, 05:31 AM

Nice looking truck Dodgzilla. Clean, simple, agressive front end & old schoolish tire look. I'm definately diggin' the two tone wheels. I have to get a chance to upload mine. It's a black '05 QC sport with 33" riding on 18s with crome full length running boards to give is that semi-two tone look.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:32 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations, nothing wrong with it at all IMO.

Tires that make zero noise..............that sounds nice.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:40 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice looking truck zilla! I love my Dura Grappler tires too! They aren't wearing quite as well as I had hoped for, but we'll see! Glad to see you put the "fancy" side out! Tough choice for me, but I did the same. Don't really care for the "old school" wheels, but to each their own. Overall, very nice looking.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:17 AM

I didn't even pay attention that the two sides looked different.. I just told the guy to mount them.
It seems that lots of guys don't like the look. It's just not all showy which, it seems, most people want. I'm not like most people though. I don't think it looks bad. It just doesn't look as great as most guys think theirs look which, for me, is OK......
Old 04-02-2008, 06:17 AM

Looks great Zilla!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:25 AM

turned out nice- like i said its a very retro look. def suits the truck. nice work!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good man!

MikeyB
Old 04-02-2008, 07:22 AM
tcr

Nice looking rig. So when others see the tip and flog a little smoke your way, that wont make you miss the good ol' days? Good luck keeping it stock, I'd like to start the bidding at how long that lasts.jk, It's a GREAT looking ride!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:36 AM

Yeah I miss going fast some but not as much as you would think considering all the crap I've done in the past few years. These new trucks are pretty quick off the line stock. I think I will be OK with it just like it is. If I get the need to go fast again I will just get me an old muscle car...

Thanks for the kind words guys.

It's been dubbed the "Mega Pimp Van" by my friend RatlRatl and a van isn't supposed to be fast anyways right?!?!?!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Chapter President

I think your vision turned out very well. Good Looking truck!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:46 AM

I'm completely digging those rims. The way the truck is set up, it looks like a hard working truck, not a parking lot cruiser. Something not seen to often anymore, unless your like me and live out in a little farm town in western Kansas. Out here it's a rare thing to see a truck all decked out with fancy paint, wheels, tires, and a bunch of body and interior mods, most out here are still stock height, 4x4's. Only things added are useful ones like multiple tool boxs, goosenecks, headache racks, heavy bumpers/grill guards (darn deer), winch, and a lot of trucks out here have tow bars mounted on the front so they can be towed behind the tractor. My truck is still pretty much stock performance wise, and i get weird looks when i'm back home in Manhattan, KS with the Ranchand bumper, headache rack, and not lifted, because most Diesel pickups in Manhattan have all the chrome trim pieces, 6-8 inches of lift, and 20 inch rims at least that have never seen dirt and then they're pulling a trailer and need a foot of drop to keep the trailer close to level. However, out here in Western Kansas i think i have the most complimented truck in town. It's just kinda makes me laugh about the difference between large city and small rural areas.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks good Dodgezilla. With the way mods react on your truck i don't blame you for toning down some. IMO i would be looking at some rickson 19.5s to put on there, would look smashing!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:00 AM

I'm trying to spend less money these days. Ricksons aren't cheap by any means. I can't say the thought didn't cross my mind though...
Old 04-02-2008, 10:17 AM

I really like the painted wheels, They really excentuate (sp?) the rockers nicely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you leaving the front bumper all white still???????????

Nice ride and great job.

Quick Reply: The new Dodgezilla..........