3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New CTD Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New CTD Owner

I have recently purchased my 06 2500 Megacab, auto, 4x4, CTD (600) and have been online looking at performance upgrades. I have been looking at the 4" cat back system by MBRP, and AFE intake with the proguard 7 filter, and the Edge Juice with attitude. I only plan on hauling old muscle cars around and that will happen just a few times a year. I also live in the high elevations of Colorado where air is already an issue. Does anyone have any advise on my choices or any other products I should consider?
Old 07-18-2006, 04:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on your purchase...

Maybe you should start a new thread asking a specific question. I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses. Good luck whatever route you choose...
T.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by m2fsr
I have recently purchased my 06 2500 Megacab, auto, 4x4, CTD (600) and have been online looking at performance upgrades. I have been looking at the 4" cat back system by MBRP, and AFE intake with the proguard 7 filter, and the Edge Juice with attitude. I only plan on hauling old muscle cars around and that will happen just a few times a year. I also live in the high elevations of Colorado where air is already an issue. Does anyone have any advise on my choices or any other products I should consider?
First of all, congratulations and welcome to the site.

For exhaust, I wouldn't go the full cat-back route unless you want 5" exhaust, which you don't need unless you start upgrading turbos, etc. Our trucks came with a 4" turbo-back stainless steel exhaust from the factory. Why cut it off and chuck it when you can just replace the muffler and reap the benefit of a cat-back system. MBRP makes a muffler only replacement system for about $150. You can get it right here on DTR, just give Lary Ellis a call.

The Edge Juice with Attitude and AFE with Proguard 7 are good choices. The Attitude monitor eliminates the need for a set of gauges to monitor EGT's, boost pressure, tranny temp, etc., which is really important when installing power adders such as the Juice, since it has these functions built-in.

Anyway, good luck with your new ride!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:08 AM

Exhaust

My truck comes with 4" turbo back exhaust, should I eliminate the Cat and muffler or should I just replace the muffler with a high performance muffler?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:09 PM

It all depends on how much sound you want. I love the sound of mine with the muffler straight piped, but the kitty still present. Some prefer a slightly quieter sound using something like a MBRP replacement muffler.