3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Nasty Nine Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nasty Nine Turbo

Who is running this turbo? What mods are done to it? It is my understanding the stock turbo from the 04.5-06 is taken and modded. How much (PM me) and is it worth it IYHO?? Pls advise.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:19 PM

Never heard of it. Hopefully someone has some info...
Old 02-14-2007, 08:21 PM

I think it was II that did a similar if not the same to the turbo back on the 2000 or 2001 model years. changed the exhaust housing and some machine work. Been awhile though..........sorry not of more help
Old 02-14-2007, 08:37 PM

Nasty nine

Ok, here is what I think it is but I want verification and more than that I want someone who has it and has run it to jump in.

I think it is an oem turbo found on the 04.5-06. They have,... I believe a 9mm exh housing which is why the oem spools yesterday compared with what many of us run. I think it is pretty well verified that the Artic Air twins use the stock turbo to spool up the larger turbo so I'm wondering if the nasty nine is better (how much better) than the oem and if so and it would be a simple bolt on and if mated with the ht3b would it be the ultimate Artic Air rig? If you can't wait an extra second in the quarter for the spoolup then wouldn't this be a better option than slower spooling singles or twins.

I'm probably wrong but I think PTD (Piers) does or has done this mod.

Can't help myself,... always tweeking.

Input, Input, Input.....
Old 02-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive heard of it as well but have no info. I run a stock turbo to spool my B2 and im interested in it to, i havent tried to contact PDR though. Let me know if you find anything out, if i can get this thing to spool any faster ill be amazed.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:39 PM

Nasty Nine

Originally Posted by acook
Ive heard of it as well but have no info. I run a stock turbo to spool my B2 and im interested in it to, i havent tried to contact PDR though. Let me know if you find anything out, if i can get this thing to spool any faster ill be amazed.
I've got a contact in with Piers now to find out, but still I want to talk to members who have used this thing. You know how that works with sales types,... they'll tell you anything.

What do you have yours paired up with??
Old 02-14-2007, 09:59 PM

Its way too small for your performance level.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Its way too small for your performance level.
I agree, I can't believe that you need faster spool up or more air, especially for racing. I would add a good blue bottle setup if that is the real issue. Mine is probably laggy compared to twins on the street, but power break launch at the track there is no lag. Launch at 20+psi and before I can look at boost gauge the wastegate is fluttering along with the boost gauge at the 55psi level. That is with a single little SPS66.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:20 AM

Nasty Nine

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
I agree, I can't believe that you need faster spool up or more air, especially for racing. I would add a good blue bottle setup if that is the real issue. Mine is probably laggy compared to twins on the street, but power break launch at the track there is no lag. Launch at 20+psi and before I can look at boost gauge the wastegate is fluttering along with the boost gauge at the 55psi level. That is with a single little SPS66.
Ok, then explain to me why RC *** can hit low 800s hp with a stock turbo for his small turbo? Not trying to be smart here,... just wanting to understand.

I have NO problem with boost launches either. Not much opportunity for that at a street light unless I would want to draw more attention than I would like. Just cking this out to see if it is feasible.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Banned

Im shooting for 700 on mine before i change my twin setup.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:23 AM

What are you running in your setup

Originally Posted by acook
Im shooting for 700 on mine before i change my twin setup.
Are you running the oem and ht3b? You're not running a Nasty nine are you? Is spoolup yesterday???? As in super quick??
Old 02-15-2007, 11:33 AM

Pm ak ram, he knows what piers does to them, I think beefier bearings are added though?

Im thinking about sending mine to them, and useing it on top of a K31, a nice quick set of 450hp towing twins
Old 02-15-2007, 11:33 AM

you have any more info on this turbo?
Old 02-15-2007, 11:37 AM

nasty nine

Well I got my answer on this turbo. It was built by Piers. Just heard back from Harry and he said they built that turbo for 01-02 models and it was basically what you get stock on the 04.5-06 so I guess that's why that turbo holds together as good as it does.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:55 AM

Per Harry Piers

His e-mail to me said it had better bearings (bigger bearings,... I don't know,... he said better bearins) and he said it had a bigger compressor wheel. Again, that was an improvement over the '01-'02 oem turbo. It sounded like if you got a hold of a oem turbo from an 04.5-06 you would have the same thing.

Quick Reply: Nasty Nine Turbo