3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mounting Road Armor and Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mounting Road Armor and Lights

I am hoping to get my Road Armor stealth mounted tomorrow. Has anybody mounted one of these on an 06 that has any tips or tricks? Hopefully it won't be too difficult.

How about the lights...I haven't bought any yet, but thinking of getting the PIAA 510's. Anybody know if the stock lights will work in this bumper, haven't had time to really check the size/mounting yet. I'm thinking I can mount one set of 510's to the stock fog light switch, not sure about the connector though, maybe have to splice? Adding lights to something this computer controlled will be a new one for me. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They aren't too bad to mount. You might want somebody to help you hold the bumper up while you get the bolts in there.

The stock lights won't work, they mount totally differently than the way the Road Armor is setup. The PIAA's are good lights and easy to install. I've tried to run other lights in my 2nd gen Road Armor but they design the bumpers around PIAA lights so I would just get them.

Let me think about the wiring part and I'll reply back. I would use the relays provided by PIAA but I think what will happen if you use the fog light positive wire to apply power to the relay, is that when you turn the truck off, the fog lights will want to come back on. But it's late, I may be thinking too hard about it... it might be that simple, then just leave the PIAA controller button pushed "on" all of the time.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:40 AM

mounting mu bumper the first time I just used a good jack. get some bolts started and you will be fine. two people will make it easier, if you work well with them. When I remounted mine with a winch, two people were nessary. The extra weight made it difficult.

as for the lights, same as any light. I ended up hooking up two of the lights to the stock foglight wiring. I just used the included relay and everythign worked out fine.

I have PIAA lights as well. I have had one set on 3 trucks and the other set on 2. They have been good to me.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by djgaston

Let me think about the wiring part and I'll reply back. I would use the relays provided by PIAA but I think what will happen if you use the fog light positive wire to apply power to the relay, is that when you turn the truck off, the fog lights will want to come back on. But it's late, I may be thinking too hard about it... it might be that simple, then just leave the PIAA controller button pushed "on" all of the time.
You are correct, you use the stock wiring to power the relay, then run the positive and negative that power the light right to the battery. I didn't run the ground to the battery and kept blowing bulbs, changed the ground to the battery and no more blown bulbs.