3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Max Rail pressure for the CR F1 injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At idle in neutral mine is ~7000. I do have dual CP3's.

Paul
Old 04-20-2009, 02:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This post is probably not of much use, but we installed the totally rebuilt Flux 4s, in a the rebuilt engine that blew up in january,

well this motor only lasted 800 km
can you say ***? 3rd motor down in a half year.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or...I could say you need to figure out what your real problem is.

I think it is safe to say...its not your parts.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:51 AM

the first motor melted 1 day after the mp8 install.

the second motor melted after turning up the mp8 all the way for like the first time.

the 3rd motor made quiete a few wot runs, and then melted when turning up the mp8 to less then 50%

not sure if i can blame that one, cuz the injectors rattle, and the motor misses when cold, even with the mp8 unplugged!

There are 2 things that changed the day the motor started running bad, i went from a mls gasket to a .020 over marine hg and while retorquing an mp8 was installed.
Did i mess up the PCM when i plugged in the mp8 wrong for the first time?
the truck ran really bad then, untill i pulled it off, erased codes, and installed correctly, from that day on the truck never ran like before
Old 04-27-2009, 11:53 AM

***Let me help...

the first motor melted 1 day after the mp8 install.

***did you have a rail gauge hooked up to see what was going on? You either had the rail sensor plug backwards, was very unlucky with a bad adjustment ****...or???? and ended up with it full tilt which with dual pumps will smoke your injectors and then your motor if you are not paying attention.
Was it knocking at idle?

the second motor melted after turning up the mp8 all the way for like the first time.

***Read above...same goes! You should not run more than 27ksi PERIOD.
Driving blind is a NO NO.

the 3rd motor made quiete a few wot runs, and then melted when turning up the mp8 to less then 50%

***Still...no gauge? Still blind?

not sure if i can blame that one, cuz the injectors rattle, and the motor misses when cold, even with the mp8 unplugged!

There are 2 things that changed the day the motor started running bad, i went from a mls gasket to a .020 over marine hg and while retorquing an mp8 was installed.

***Gasket should have not changed anything...maybe a tad different spray pattern...but it should have still been in the bowl. Was the cylinder washed or was the injector smoked?
Did i mess up the PCM when i plugged in the mp8 wrong for the first time?
the truck ran really bad then, untill i pulled it off, erased codes, and installed correctly, from that day on the truck never ran like before

***You more than likely jacked you injectors up in minutes with the MP-8 hooked up backwards. Within seconds...you should have heard the problem at idle. It would NOT have sounded normal.

I could walk outside...crank my MP-8, crank my TST....turn the timing up to max...and melt down in seconds.

Why is that anyones else's fault but my own?????????????????????
Old 04-27-2009, 01:43 PM

Im blaming no one!

i have a quadzilla RP gauge! and have been watching it closely! i have never seen over 26500 during a run even with mp8 at 100%,

When i plugged it in wrong, yeah it knocked at idle, and ran bad, rp gauge was way out of normal so i rapidly stopped the motor and hooked it up correctly.

ok, why does it still rattle, and run bad even after a full injector rebuild at f1, and a full motor rebuild?? with the mp8 plugged in correctly or not pluged in at all, no sw or timing combo in the smarty makes it run any better! not even stock.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:48 PM

Is there a good diesel shop somewhere that could make this truck run and hold up??

who do you guys suggest?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:40 PM

Close to Mexico, some of the best CR guys are in and around Houston. Hellmann, Hot Rod, Relentless, and Hamilton just a couple around there.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:33 PM

Are you sure that the correct year pistons are getting put in the engine? Does it keep melting the same cylinder? If the spray pattern and pistons don't match then you will not be spraying in the bowl. Just a thought, may be way off on your problem.

Joe
Old 04-30-2009, 02:39 PM

the truck had stock pistons and when we bought a new (Reman) bottom end, the pistons looked exactly the same!

the first time it was piston number 6
the second time piston number 1 and 6
3rd time, havent oppened motor yet

ill try to find pics of the melted pistons. they melt the outside of the piston crown
Old 04-30-2009, 02:56 PM

This is the #6 piston on the original motor - december 08

this is a cold engine start up, smoked and missed, till engine got warm.
nwew bottom end, same sticks, didnt check them.

This is the "new" motor after 1000 miles - January 09
#6 piston

#1 Piston

Dont have pics of the 3rd one yet, it melted during a 3rd 1/8 mile run, with smarty on SW7 timing #3 and TM#1 RP#1
the egts didnt go past 1300 on a normal 1/8 mile run,
Old 04-30-2009, 03:37 PM

Looks to me like your spraying fuel outside of the bowl. Are all the timing setting where they should be, cam, crank, and are the cam and crank sensors in good working order? Just some thoughts, I'm at a loss on this one.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you still getting rail pressure sensor codes? What codes are you getting?

Paul
Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 AM

I thought the rail pressure sensor could only read to 26500 or 27000 anyways?

Is it possible that the sensor or even RP gauge is registering its highest value at 26500 and the motor actually has like 30k+ in the rail? With twin pumps, do you truly need the MP8 on there?

Also, I know for a fact that the **** on the MP8s are not always perfect. Mine goes to wide open when I turn it all the way down. At 10% it seems to be at 0%, turn it all the way down and it goes to full. My **** has recently gotten crappy and I have to pull the **** out from the dash with just a little pressure to get it to register properly. I unhooked it from the truck yesterday untill I can get it fixed.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:24 AM

I think you have a fuel not hitting the bowl problem...look at the spray marks outsid eof the bowl.

Ther eis nothing wrong with the MP-8...using it with a rail gauge and trying to tune in 27ksi max.

Some ***** go wacko...

Quick Reply: Max Rail pressure for the CR F1 injectors?