3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lorenz leveling kit review

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lorenz leveling kit review

I've had this kit installed for a month or so but have not yet had a chance to use it to its full potential. Last week I took a trip to the remote access beaches of NC's outer banks. I went with the 6% coils and 4 Bilstein 5100s and threw on a set of 315/70/17 BFG ATs.

install: +-4 hours, everything went together fine. the recessed hex heads on the Bilsteins are a nice touch, makes tightening the nuts much easier. Simply unbolted the sway bar and track bar, took everything out and stuck the new coils and shocks in. Rear shocks simply bolt on. Took a bit of wrangling to get the sway bar back into place with the new drop blocks, nothing major.

on-road handling: confident, smooth and firm over bumps, takes turns as good as it did before the bigger tires. I ran the PA turnpike at 75MPH with no problems, it is not the best road. the bigger sidewall probably helps in soaking up bumps too.

off-road handling: as good as it gets for this kind of kit. if you are familiar with this beach, there are what I would describe as motorcross whoops close to the water, I took them at up to 70MPH (late at night) confidently. got close to 2 feet of air off some of them. the shocks are perfect for this kind of driving. overall it was a pleasure to drive on the beach. I drove hard, close to the limits of rolling over and safe EGTs and everything stayed in one piece! pleased to say the DTT parts in my transmission survived quite a beating as well.

customer service: Sean called me and thanked me for my purchase and shipped the kit quickly.

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this kit, wish I had installed it sooner.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yep, I installed mine on friday. Took me about 4 hrs as well. I cant believe how much better the truck soaks up bumps even with the 22.5's and 37" tires. I couldnt imagine how good it would make a truck with the stockers ride. Now I need to save some cash so I can address the rear.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:34 AM

I need about another inch in the rear, any suggestions? add-a-leaf?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by hovisimo

Do you have the mini pacs in the rear, or dual purpose leafs? I thought they raised the rear an inch, or are you looking for another one? Call up Lorenz Im sure Sean can help you out.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for posting this! Appreciate it, this helped me see what my truck's going to look like when done.

The set up I'm going with will be yours plus some Carli add-a-packs or whatever they're called and Thuren trackbar. The packs give you about an inch in the rear. Check out defiant, I think they're around $300.

Also, what wheels are you using? Any rubbing?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by RyeThomas
Do you have the mini pacs in the rear, or dual purpose leafs? I thought they raised the rear an inch, or are you looking for another one? Call up Lorenz Im sure Sean can help you out.
only thing I did to the rear was replace the shocks, no lift.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also, got any side shots?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 AM

only thing I did to the rear was replace the shocks, no lift.

Install better leaf springs and the ride will improve yet again.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:02 PM

Great lookin rig! Give us a side shot of that bad boy.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned

Call Sean and order the Mini Pack or Dual Purpose springs. Your ride will feel better in the back. The rear springs will raise the rear end from anywhwere of 1/2" - 1 1/2". My rear end is just under a inch higher in the back than the front, but looks level. When I get the money, I will upgrade my mini leafs and add the Dual Purpose Leafs. I want to finish the front off w/ Thurens Trac Bar & Steering Stabilizer. I was also thinking Carli's Control Arms, but for $1,200 I might ditch that idea.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:26 PM

Lorenz Trac Bar

I have heading my way Lorenz's trac bar you might hit him up if you call him. Should have it later this week.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

He told me to contact Sage for a Trac Bar. I did not know he sold them. Maybe he started after I bought my suspension. How much is he selling his for? It's probably Thurens Trac Bar.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:02 PM

Just circumvent all the middlemen and call Don Thuren for the track bar.

(805) 886-9250
Old 06-11-2007, 02:40 PM

Thumbs up

Good info, and NICE truck!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 PM

$350 & Zinc plated ready to go in, no painting. Yes from what I read the trac bar Thurens makes is sold by Carli & Lorenz.
Originally Posted by firemansdodge
He told me to contact Sage for a Trac Bar. I did not know he sold them. Maybe he started after I bought my suspension. How much is he selling his for? It's probably Thurens Trac Bar.

Quick Reply: Lorenz leveling kit review