3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Leveling kit (WHICH ONE)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling kit (WHICH ONE)?

I want to get a leveling kit, which is best, I want one that comes with all neccessary components, except shocks, I'll get them seperate. How about longer control arms, sway bar etc, are they needed with a leveling kit.

BTW- I am only interested in leveling kits with new springs, don't want to use spacers!
Old 10-08-2005, 01:52 PM

try this link www.rockymountainsusp.com the Revtek is the one i used and it worked great. Easy install.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:04 PM

I have the spacers, but if I was to do it over again I would pay the bucks and go with Kore! the basic leveling kit they sell is certionally more money than most but from what I have seen in the research I have done it is well worth it.
My 2 cents anyway
Old 10-08-2005, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that I would look for a kit with springs, new bumpers and get matching drop blocks for the stabilizer bar links. I have a DayStar 2" spacer kit. It has been on for over 33,000 miles now. It has been ok, but I think over time it will cause added wear on the front supsension parts.

I don't think Kore sells just a front lift kit anymore, at least that is what I have been told.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:32 PM

Go with the spacers, as they keep a nice ride. DT makes 1/2 inch longer arms that are a snap to replace yourself, or we can order them and put them on for you if you live near.

All that is left is different shocks (Bilstein 5100's) or perhaps a DT Dual front shock kit?

Real inexpensive lift and done right.

Or if you have a BUD that does fabrication you can alter the factory bars to add the 1/2 inch. DT's are nicer though.

Good luck
J
Old 10-08-2005, 10:42 PM

I would go KORE or one of the other guys that offer new better quality Ft springs...and get the bilstein 5100...sweet set up...and actually improves performance.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:51 PM

Check out Lorenz Industries for the full kit similar to Kore...but cheaper. And you can just get the springs too...LORENZindustries.com
Old 10-09-2005, 05:26 PM
wap

If your not increasing the weight of the front of your truck why not just run spacers? Wouldnt it ride better? Wouldnt it be cheaper to just get spacers and lower control arms? Do you realy need lower control arms for a 2" lift? Just curious cause I am about to do the same thing, however now that I am not sure if I should get spacers or springs now I got to figure out wich kit. Get superlifts srings and bumpstops, skyjackers springs bumpstops and lower control arms, procomps spacers and shocks, or just get some top gun spacers like I had originally planned. Help.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:58 PM

I've heard to many stories of death wobble from spacers to not want to run them.

I'll be interested in seeing what other kits pop up in this thread.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:47 PM

I had daystars 2" kit on my 97 and they done just fine with the 35" baja claws. I had the truck aligned and no problems.Want a set 4 my 03.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:34 PM

I'm having Dodge install the 2-1/2" daystar spacers when then do my spring recall. Daystar says the truck will align properly, and I'm assuming death wobble is on 4WD only. Mine is 2WD. Does all this sound right?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:49 PM

I was in the same boat (for a few months) trying to decide on a leveling or lift kit. I was leaning toward the KORE Pace but just couldn't justify the cost. I have the BDS 3 inch kit (3" front / 2" rear)http://www.bds-suspension.com/suspen...s_12dodge.html and am more than happy with my choice. Awesome ride and look with 315's. (NO death wobble). I will post a before/after picture(s).
Old 10-09-2005, 08:43 PM

We too run the BDS 3" spacers, and a local spring shops custom add a leaf for the rear( A nice long spring with a heavy arch) Truck drives NICE!
It rode pretty crappy on BDS Shocks though. The Bilsteins are in a whole different league. They made a huge difference.

We installed the DT 1/2 inch forward bar kit so we could clear fender flares. It was very tight in the back of the tire to fender region(no Rub but TIGHT!) And Tasha wanted flares...

That truck has 22x9.5 wheels with +10 offset and 325.50.22 tires which measure a true 35 inches. approx 1 inch taller than 315's.

With the DT bars there is more than enough room for flares now.

bottom line: If you want an economical lift for the front just do spacers and GOOD shocks. The ride is very nice. If you want an engineered system the Kore or its equivalent is a great value but quite a few more coins.

Also a note: If you lifted the front of your truck 2 feet, the stock link bars would have the tires just about under your door(take a look at your factory 4 link). Adding a longer set of Link bars will keep your tires centered with your coil springs... 3 inches of lift you need about a 1/2 inch more length on your link bars.

ALSO PLEASE DONT FORGET: You need to lower your track bar at the frame mounting. Several people make a bracket for that or you can have one made at a local welding shop. Lower it the amount you raise the front of the truck.

Hope all this verbage helps.

James
Old 10-09-2005, 09:57 PM
wap

James would you mind telling me how to find DT, all I can find is some swiss company that build bikes. One last qustion, as usually money is always an issue but if springs really are better that is what I will get, I am leaning towards skyjacker, but I am also thinking of getting 3" spacers off ebay for like 75 bucks, either dt or skyjacker lower arms, lower trackbar bracket and some 5100s, the only thing I am not sure of is 2 or 3" spacers and spacers or springs, wich one is better?

On a little differant subject, I would like to put blocks in the back (however ONLY after the front is done cause if I dont need it I aint doin it) because on my ford with add a leafs the overloads never touched, I'd be on the bumpstops before they would touch, so what do yall think for the rear, block or springs, and will I need to do the back of my dually with a 3". I pull a gooseneck cow/horse hauler and do not want the back any higher than it has to be. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:09 PM

I like the ride we obtained from the 3" spacers and factory springs.

2" and you don't need to touch the rear, 3" and you need to go up an inch in the rear, we went up 1.75 in the rear by adding an extra long leaf spring with a good arch. Man that was a nice addition as well and increased the load carrying ability.

DT is a great company from our experience... DT you guys are going to owe me one...he he
http://www.dtprofab.com/dodge.htm

They are a good source for your 5100 Bilsteins too

I have another truck running around that has Skyjacker 4.5 inch lift springs(its an 01) and it is a kidney killer!!!

Good luck

Quick Reply: Leveling kit (WHICH ONE)?