3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Leaky LEER Canopy

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaky LEER Canopy

Just wondering how many people have canopies that have windows that leak like a sieve.I bought a Leer canopy,a 100 XL with side 1/3 sliders and front slider. I thought they were supposed to be good,but when it rains ,it leaks all around the window frames even away form the slider portion,water comes in from under the frames of the windows.The window frames are only sealed with foam tape.I took it back to where I bought it and they removed one of the side windows,re-tapped it ,did a hacker job of re-installing it, and it still leaks.This canopy cost $2300 Canadian,and I am less than impressed.Are all canopies like this?I have tents that are more weather proof!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:26 PM

I've had 3 Dodges. Bought an A.R.E. for the first one. Terrible build quality in my opinion for the money. The last to have had Leer shells on them (100xq) with no problems. Very happy. Sounds like you have issues with yours. What shell is it and what kind of warranty do you have?
Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 PM

Wow, That is no bueno. I had one leak through the holes that were drilled for the rack system on mine. I was told by the president of Leer, that once any water is introduced into the waffle type material between layers of fiberglass it is only a matter of time before it starts to deteriorate and fall apart. About 3 months after I noticed my leak and one company trying to reseal it, that is exactely what happened. The roof of my shell started to cave in. If you tell your dealer you want it replaced under warranty they should be able to do it no problem. If they don't want to then contact Leer direct. They are awesome when it comes to customer service! Good Luck!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:12 PM

The exact same thing has and is happeneing to my Leer XL. Took it in once and they did a hack job on the drivers side sliding window. Foam tape sticking out and doubled the sheet metal screws. My third brake light leaked from day one and I resealed it myself. Now my passenger side window is leaking like a sieve. This absolute poor quality assembly in my opinion and the dealer has a worse quality customer service ethic. I bought a Leer based on reputation, boy was I wrong. I would recommend anybody thing about a Leer to look elsewhere.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:17 PM

I am not happy with the quality of my Leer at all either. I had glue overspray from the carpeting on the screen and window where I can't get to it to clean it off. I have leaking windows also. I will not buy another Leer Product. Unfortunately I am stuck with this for some time now.