3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Last ? Before I buy SMARTY

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last ? Before I buy SMARTY

OK I have 4 ?'s left before I go to the DTR store and order one.

1. I noticed on the smarty website they have downloads for trucks like mine running stock turbo and injectors.

--So when my smarty arrives what programs are pre loaded in the downloader are they for a stock truck or for a truck with larger turbo etc?

2. To download the program updates and software from there website do I need any special software to be able to download it to my downloader or CPU?

3. My truck has a after market muffler and S&B intake on it so with everything else stock what is the highest level I can run on a daily basis without killing the tranny and getting the best MPG gain if any.

4. Does DTR have a hotline I can order threw rather than online I want to make sure I have the newest version + updates and downloader for my 06 now that some of the rattle issues have been fixed.

thanks for any info,
I cant wait to be smart

-Chris

-
Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Chris, All the Smarty's we ship are loaded with the latest stuff on them, so you can play instead of spend your first few hours as an owner downloading stuff

#3 seems to be the most popular setting for a stock tranny but you still need to use some common sense to keep from breaking anything. No special software needed to do an update.

You can call me at 304-952-6896 if you like M-F 9-5 Eastern or order on line as I check the orders in the evening as well. You can try me tomorrow (Saturday) if you don't get me leave your number I will call back. I will be in and out of the office from time to time.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. I noticed on the smarty website they have downloads for trucks like mine running stock turbo and injectors.

--So when my smarty arrives what programs are pre loaded in the downloader are they for a stock truck or for a truck with larger turbo etc?

**For a stock truck

2. To download the program updates and software from there website do I need any special software to be able to download it to my downloader or CPU?

**The software is on the site as well

3. My truck has a after market muffler and S&B intake on it so with everything else stock what is the highest level I can run on a daily basis without killing the tranny and getting the best MPG gain if any.

** Level 3 to be safe, but it's still awesome

4. Does DTR have a hotline I can order threw rather than online I want to make sure I have the newest version + updates and downloader for my 06 now that some of the rattle issues have been fixed.

** The Rattle will still be there with the ones posted on the site (latest version)...it doesnt hurt anything.....the rattle is gone with the Beta 4.4 (not released yet).....but it's only a matter of time so no worries....