3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just released Smarty update - can't get it done!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just released Smarty update - can't get it done!

Holy impossible updates Batman! I use computers at work every day, but I can't seem to work through this update correctly. If anyone has successfully done this, I would love to talk to you.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:03 PM

Just did it yesterday...

No issues...although I understand that it can be a little wierd to undertsand all the extracting of files and such. I will send you a PM with my cell number...

FYI: I really like this new tune. Haven't driven on it much, but it does seem to be more "linear" through the throttle. I have to change my timing settings. I didn't realize that TM 2 is now the highest (used to be TM 4 was)

New 5.9L tuning software release!
All 5.9L tuning softwares have been totally revised!
Starting from this version all 5.9L softwares are now UDC capable.
The main goal of the complete overhaul is CLEAN power.
The power in levels is now more linear and has gained +/- 10% power at peak.
In short, just to mention a few:
• New Base software
• New duration maps
• New timing maps
• More linear power
• Overall driveability improvement
• Better mileage
• The default timing (# 2) is now the highest one.
Timing # 3 is less timing advance than # 2.
Timing # 4 is less timing advance than # 3.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:46 PM

The part where I get to the D2XX drivers is my problem. It stops me there and says the drivers don't exist. I have downloaded everything necessary from the Made Electronics page. I'm gonna try again tomorrow.
Chas, you were a great help. I just have to figure out this last issue.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:55 PM

I just downloaded it just like always. Save to my smarty file. Then right click to extract file. open upload tool select smt. smarty file then hit send. I do like the new update as well. Can't wait to see how UDC software will help me in some places I am lacking.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Going to download this right now!

How is the smoke now??
Old 05-22-2012, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
Going to download this right now!

How is the smoke now??
Switching over to TM 2....only driven on TQ 2 and TM 4, but smoke seemed slightly less than on the latest version.

Again, really liking what I have seen out of this new tune from 1st impressions!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:53 PM

I to am having same issue with driver. The instructions say wind. 7 will automatically install correct driver, but i havev tryed it both ways and no go. Is any one using wind. 7, and what steps to use.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cstewart
Switching over to TM 2....only driven on TQ 2 and TM 4, but smoke seemed slightly less than on the latest version.

Again, really liking what I have seen out of this new tune from 1st impressions!
Good news! I just updated and loaded SW2 with TM3 TQ Default. Will see how it drives tomorrow morning.
Originally Posted by HUNTINNUT
I to am having same issue with driver. The instructions say wind. 7 will automatically install correct driver, but i havev tryed it both ways and no go. Is any one using wind. 7, and what steps to use.
I am using Win7. Mine did the auto find for the driver and then I downloaded the 7zip. I can't remember if I had any issues because I did it about 6 months ago. I remember being a little confused but I do know I had it all figured out with in a few min.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:58 PM

The last update in April for the S06 says that it converts all S06's to the POD. There is no May update for the S06 so my question is will the update just released for the S06 POD work on my S06 if it was converted with the April update?

Does that make sense?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sloride
The last update in April for the S06 says that it converts all S06's to the POD. There is no May update for the S06 so my question is will the update just released for the S06 POD work on my S06 if it was converted with the April update?

Does that make sense?
For the updates when you upgrade to SO6-POD you got to that upgrade page. The problem I am having is after I updated to SO6-POD it does not recognize my Smarty software anymore.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:32 AM

Success!! I couldn't get it to work on the wife's Windows 7 machine, so I went to the old XP machine. Once my silly self figured out to stop typing "C:\D2XX" in the box at the stage the instructions show it and use the "browse" to locate where I had unzipped the driver, life became much easier. I just got my Jr last October and this was my first update. Next time I will have a clue. Now to update my ride!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoMega06
Success!! I couldn't get it to work on the wife's Windows 7 machine, so I went to the old XP machine. Once my silly self figured out to stop typing "C:\D2XX" in the box at the stage the instructions show it and use the "browse" to locate where I had unzipped the driver, life became much easier. I just got my Jr last October and this was my first update. Next time I will have a clue. Now to update my ride!
Good for you brother...it sounded like you were close when we talked (sounded like a hardware problem once you had the Zip file taken care of).

FYI: Changed over to TM 2 last night. With the timing changes from 4 to 2 (2 being the highest timing setting now), the difference in power is evendent from my drive in to work this morning. Good solid strength in the throttle and the power shift from 1st into 2nd gear seems much smoother. Overall, I think Bob and Marco nailed it on this latest version!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:33 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I found the update under SO6 POD. I've got the basic Revo. Will this program update my tuner to the POD as well as install the new tune?

Also,any weird lights or other gremlins with this tune on the '07 5.9's?
Old 05-23-2012, 05:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, it will upgrade you to POD. I just had to download the latest Smartyusb.exe file. My old one gave me issues. No gremlins.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:50 PM

I have the original REVO TnT and love it so I'm hesitant to change. Anyone running that before and upgraded to the new stuff have anything to say? Is it worth it for me to upgrade is what I guess I'm getting at.

Quick Reply: Just released Smarty update - can't get it done!