3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just did initial Diablo Stack-It Run........

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can can get a nice "stock" cloud of smoke out of mine, but not excessive imo. Right now I'm running the extreme stack so when my tc blows off Ill let ya know. But seriously would it be safe to run this tune as a daily driver if I dont push it. I just love the feel of the power!!! Besides I seem to get better gas mileage (well my overhead says so @18-19, havent done hand calcs yet.) cause I barely have to press the pedal to go.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:40 PM

Sure you could runit every day if you can hold back from temptaion.......... I did read your other post about boosted launches and i would say leave the puck stock.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Banned

does the truck smoke all the way down the line @ WOT, or is it just a puff then it clears?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by morkable
I echo the 100 hp setting, you will spit out that tc with anything more.

I think I can run more pressuure,,,, the juice dosent add pressure.

kevin
Kev, what you've got to remember is the Diablo on Extreme is adding pressure per Johan. I'm running the XZT minus timing for added pressure and it screams, but I keep getting a rail pressure code. This has to be because of two devices adding pressure. The only thing I'm worried about is the rail valve crapping out on me.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by trik396
Kev, what you've got to remember is the Diablo on Extreme is adding pressure per Johan. I'm running the XZT minus timing for added pressure and it screams, but I keep getting a rail pressure code. This has to be because of two devices adding pressure. The only thing I'm worried about is the rail valve crapping out on me.
The predator doesn't add pressure. I was told it doesn't and my rail gauge tells me the same thing.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:11 AM

Read this... maybe I'm interpreting it wrong.

I am glad to hear that you like our products.
I am the one who writes the tunes for the cummins so i should be able to
help you, you must understand that i can not go into great detail on
what we do exactly as the cummins stuff is not readily available like GM
and Ford.
It also varies between the years what we do tunes wise.
The main thing we adjust in all our tunes are injection timing and
duration of course.
Then there are a few limit tables for timing and duration that needs to
be raised with the higher hp tunes.
There are also a few torque limiter tables that needs to be addressed.
The above mentioned tables are adjusted in all tunes to different
levels, diesel is pretty easy as usually more fuel will yield more
power, we just have to figure out the limiter tables and then massage
the duration table to act smooth so driveability is acceptable.
The higher hp tunes we increase the rail pressure table, this is not
touched on any stacking tunes.
The custom tune we send out basically just has more of everything
above(except rail pressure), so it is a little rattly.
I think what we have figured out better than the competition is the use
of the limiters tables as the timing and duration stuff is basic.
I dont know if this is sufficient information for you but i suppose it
is a start.

Sincerely:
Johan Mangs

Diablosport
Automotive Calibration/ Research and Development
Old 03-14-2007, 07:12 AM

Plus my ecm tells me it must, because the only time I throw the rail over pressure code is when I've got the xzt and Diablo stacked, never individually.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 AM

I clouds up REAL BAD off line and cleans up ok, but kinda smokey for a daily driver. It is hard to get on it at a crowded intersection because most people will just sit there and wait till smoke clears. Funny, but at the same time it could be very dangerous.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:13 AM

I got the same email message from Johan. I couldnt tell you from my rail guage, as my cp3 wont keep up at all now. I will test it some more as soon as I get that new cp3, then I will be able to tell you what it does. I would like to have over 20k of pressure , which I am not even close to right now

Kevin

Oh, and ramnutah, your overhead is going to be totally messed up, as it uses the ecm to calculate, you have changed all the data, the ecm thinks it is giving all the right info, but with the programmers and boxes, it really dosent know what is going on
Old 03-14-2007, 11:18 AM

My overhead reads 33.8 mpg at 70mph... I wish...
Old 03-14-2007, 12:28 PM

Hmm...that's interesting. It wasn't Johan that I heard it from that said the pressure wasn't raised, so I guess he would know. the only thing is, my rail gauge doesn't show it. Without the Predator, it spikes to 26-27k then drops to 20-21k. With the Predator loaded on regular extreme (which I am not now running due to timing rattle) it spikes to the same 26-27k but then falls to 17-18k. The extreme stack tune gives the same pressures. The Performance tune gave the same spike but only fell to about 19k. My custome tune which Johan said is less timing than the extreme stack but with more fuel, yields the same numbers - 26-27k and 17-18k. So I am not seeing an increase in pressure with the Predator VS the mp-8 without it.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:49 PM

You're not going to see any increase over 27k psi no matter what as there is nothing that will register that high currently available. Also these pressure increases aren't really increased, they are raised earlier in the rpm band and held longer, I believe. So it would be hard to tell with your guage. The guage is mainly used to see if you are draining the rail and seeing a LOWER pressure than you should be seeing. Make sense???
You should be able to see an increase at certain lower rpms, if you can compare stock increases at certain rpms vs. Diablo psi at same rpms.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:12 PM

Yep...and if the overhead reads that far off, you can coun't on "high" rail pressure. It is the parameter that effects the overhead the most...because the duration is lowered at cruise to counter the hp from raised pressure. Lower the duration...the overhead goes up.

If you run a duration box only...like a VA C3.2...your overhead will be ALMOST spot on.

Run a pressure (boost fooling or not) box only, EZ, SP, Quad, MP-8, etc...you will se you highest overhead numbers.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:04 PM

Hi there,
The smoke I get is also a Puff & clears. Which is good because as far as I know alot of smoke is actually a sign of wasted of fuel. (If you call that a waste)
Ya I realize the overhead mpg is probably off, its all over the place. I just havent hand calculated it yet.
Diablo told me that If you run the puck & predator seperate without the stack tune you will get a rail overpressure code. Although I didnt see it when I tried. I may be wrong, but I believe they said that you will get one if you stack anything else but the puck with the predator.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:09 PM

Well I guess i'll add I will be getting my Diablosport predator / puck stack, 4" exhaust, and Quadzilla performance commander control monitor tommrow (according to my tracking number) I hope everything is perfect!!!

Quick Reply: Just did initial Diablo Stack-It Run........