3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

If you play you pay

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say you only pay if you get caught Don't care what anyone thinks of my way of doing it.....unless they refund my warranty $$$
Old 12-01-2004, 08:56 AM

If you want to read an interesting thread about a BOMBed 03 that had some issues and the warrenty issues and final results, read this thread. It is a very long thread and I have to warn there is some off-colored langauge used. It is on a hard-core four wheeling site!!!!!

Edited by Admin
Old 12-01-2004, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Removed By Moderator.
No Personal attacks.

Forum Rules

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by Cold Diesel
I say you only pay if you get caught
I am sure thats the exact thought of any criminal too.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Chapter President

2nd that
Old 12-01-2004, 07:49 PM
tcr

WHY KNOCK BANKS?! LETS START A THREAD TO SEE WHO HAS ACTUALLY HAD A "SIX GUN" FAIL AND DAMAGE AN ENGINE. I THINK WE ONLY KNOW OF ONE. LETS LOOK AT ALL THIS CRAP ABOUT BULLY DOGS THROWING CODES NOT PROGRAMMING PROPERLY, HOW NICE OR CRAPPY THE BD SERVICE DEPT IS, AND AS NEW AS BD PP IS I BET THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. AGAIN I ASK WHO HAS AS MANY APPLICATIONS AND HAS BEEN TUNING DIESELS AS LONG AS BANKS?
Old 12-01-2004, 09:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
When I read the throwing a rod thing, I was struck by the double standard people seem to have...

Folks seem to have no second thoughts about deliberately deceiving a dealership, in order to obtain a replacement engine that they probably are not entitled to…

Imagine the outrage if a dealership deliberately deceived customers, selling people trucks with voided warranties and failing engines in order to stick them with the bill for a replacement long block…

Call me a goodie two shoes, but I just couldn’t see deceiving or outright lying to a dealership. Who knows, perhaps they would find the failure wasn’t related to the boxes… If not, then I feel it is time to accept responsibility, and the consequences of the decision to put on stacked boxes.

I’m not wealthy enough to be my own warranty station on a truck I’m still making payments on, so for me that means no boxes for now…

Just MHO.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned

Guys you should know when stacking your on your own two conflicting products increasing power in your trucks you can't blame it on the manufacture's I don't sell banks for the reason of the fact that the horsepower to dollar ration sucks and I believe in trying to get everyone the most for their money
Old 12-01-2004, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by tcr
WHY KNOCK BANKS?! LETS START A THREAD TO SEE WHO HAS ACTUALLY HAD A "SIX GUN" FAIL AND DAMAGE AN ENGINE.

The knock on Banks has not been their reliability, it is the amount of power you can make versus the amount of $$$ you have to shell out.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:08 PM
tcr

I will pay more for less power, reliable power that I don't have to worry about w/ many safety features any day. And I would never stack anything w/ any box other than propane or nitrous in moderation. I don't understand how bombers can complain about prices (+/-$100) of boxes when they go on $35-40000 trucks. If you have to ask how much, maybe you can't afford it.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:58 AM

Originally posted by tcr
I AGAIN I ASK WHO HAS AS MANY APPLICATIONS AND HAS BEEN TUNING DIESELS AS LONG AS BANKS?
TST Products
Old 12-02-2004, 03:15 AM

Mark at TST has been around longer than Banks in Diesel Performance.

Ok what does Banks sell again???

Let see here:

1. Fuel box (ok performance at best)
2. 4" exhaust WOW!
3. Gauges (Real innovation there)
4. Intake arm that dyno's lower than the stock unit.
5. A larger wastegate diaphram another wow!! BIG HEAD OH YEAH!! (same function as a $2 boost elbow) (feels good paying $300 for the same thing)
6. Stickers for side of the truck!! (included in price!)
7. Also "this won't void your warranty mumbo jumbo"

I better get my "GIT-KIT" on order!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:20 AM
tcr

Mark maybe, TST no. Lets not forget their gas applications. Complete engines, twin turbo set ups, 2000 hp marine 454's w/ twins, exhaust upgrades for almost everything out from hummer to jeep to vw. I'm not saying banks is the best, their #s show they're not. Their HISTORY on the other hand shows something no one elses can, they are diversified. Lets not talk out our Edit w/ incorrect info on banks and their prices ($300 big head, try $165-180, and yes you do get the same result in higher boost #s as a $5 brass elbow). Lets give some credit where credit is due, and keep our fingers crossed for Carnage.

Edited by Admin

Quick Reply: If you play you pay