3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HTT 71 stainless or Silver 62?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by omaharam
I don't know that it's fixed, I think it's just a matter if the one you happen to get is ok or not. Dad's is only a couple months old.
I'll bet they would ship him a brand new one if he called them. They are excellant to work with.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So who on here has some hands on experience between HTT's 62-12 and 62-71-13. How is responsive is the 13 vs the 12?
Old 12-11-2007, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by realsquash
Is there any way I can bench test that or is it something that happens over time? Otherwise what's your opinion of it?

Andy
It's not over time. I would call them back and let them know you are aware of some issues and make sure what they send you is checked and re-checked. They already told my dad if he takes it apart to look at it to check and see if it's seating, that they will void his warranty.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by homewrecker
So who on here has some hands on experience between HTT's 62-12 and 62-71-13. How is responsive is the 13 vs the 12?
My dad's 64/65/13ss spools just like stock. Pretty hard to believe, but as soon as I drove it I was very impressed.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:05 PM

It's not over time. I would call them back and let them know you are aware of some issues and make sure what they send you is checked and re-checked. They already told my dad if he takes it apart to look at it to check and see if it's seating, that they will void his warranty.
They put it together today and it's been shipped. As long as it doesn't pop and they stand behind it I am willing to take the risk for now. I have never seen more than 32psi with my stocker and that was rare so seeing "just" 40 has to be something

Andy
Old 12-11-2007, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by staarma
I'll bet they would ship him a brand new one if he called them. They are excellant to work with.
I certainly doubt that. He's already sent it back twice before. Now they want him to send it in again.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:06 PM

I started with an HTB2 62/12 then progressed to the 62/71/13 ss. I can't tell the difference in spooling off of the bottom. They both feel like stock. The noticeable difference to me is the mid range from about 20-40 PSI. That area noticably pulls harder although I only have dyno figures for the HTB2. I will dyno the HTT once I get my new muffler on. Everything else is done and ready to go. The other thing is that my cruising EGT's are up about 100 degrees and the boost is non existent when cruising. So at 65 MPH I see maybe 0-2 PSI. Cruising 80 MPH I will see 6-8 PSI. But, if I drop the hammer it spools to 15 instantly and then it lites and takes off.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:08 PM

I certainly doubt that. He's already sent it back twice before. Now they want him to send it in again.
That's a bummer. Hopefully they take care of it for him.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:12 PM

I had them set the wastegate to 47 PSI on mine so they had to check it for sure. After seeing some of the problems with the ss housings I wanted to make sure that when mine left it was working the way I wanted it to. There is absolutley no way I was going to be working on the wastegate rod between the block and the turbo.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:05 PM

I got the turbo and installed it this past weekend. I can only manage to get about 32psi out of it with everything cranked up but while it peaks around 30psi the lift pump pressure is sitting at zero so that probably has something to do with it.

It makes a squeal kind of a sound as the boost starts to build up past about 13psi on top of the regular turbo whine and pinching off the wastegate line didn't change anything. Is this similar to your problem omaharam? How do you know there is a leak? I am going to have to yank my intercooler to see if there is a leak on it, too.

Other than this (maybe it's not a problem at all) it runs like a raped ape now.

Andy
Old 12-19-2007, 05:44 PM

Htt

Originally Posted by homewrecker
I have the 64/71/13 which should spool a little slower and mine is in a twins setup pushing an S400 80mm and it spool "right now"! That turbo (62/71/13) has got to spool fast.

HTT has been really good to deal with and MPI is outstanding. You get what you pay for!!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:06 PM

my silver 62 spooled fast and pulled hard i had to swap it out for a bullet though wanted more power so now im running the bullet and using it in a twin set up soon
Old 12-19-2007, 08:58 PM

not to hijack, but has anyone tried the garrett gt3782 ball bearing turbo?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by realsquash
I got the turbo and installed it this past weekend. I can only manage to get about 32psi out of it with everything cranked up but while it peaks around 30psi the lift pump pressure is sitting at zero so that probably has something to do with it.

It makes a squeal kind of a sound as the boost starts to build up past about 13psi on top of the regular turbo whine and pinching off the wastegate line didn't change anything. Is this similar to your problem omaharam? How do you know there is a leak? I am going to have to yank my intercooler to see if there is a leak on it, too.

Other than this (maybe it's not a problem at all) it runs like a raped ape now.

Andy
Same problem. low boost with the wastegate disabled. Call HTT, I bet they tell you to send it back so they can check the wastegate to see if it's sealing properly.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:15 PM

Same problem. low boost with the wastegate disabled. Call HTT, I bet they tell you to send it back so they can check the wastegate to see if it's sealing properly.
For the record, I just got in from messing around, and I had a boot that wasn't sealing up right on the intercooler. I took it off and softened up the rubber with some brake cleaner and put it back together. I bought new boots that are supposed to fit this truck but they don't fit very well so I had to reuse the stockers. I was able to get 35psi out of it tonight. I am 100% out of fuel according to the gauge so that's the next step I guess. I did call HTT today and they said they would gladly test it out, etc. I think I like those guys so far (and this turbo!).

Andy

Quick Reply: HTT 71 stainless or Silver 62?