3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How does Southbend Clutch Pedal Feel

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does Southbend Clutch Pedal Feel

How does Southbend clutch pedal feel and overall driveability, if you still haul and pull stuff with your truck? I've only got 700 ft. lbs. now and want my cluthch to last a while. Then I'm thinking about a Smarty, can I stack it with my Quad Race. One last question for you hotrodders. Does the rattle the box makes hurt anything? Oh, hey Wap, did you get your Glacier Walbro on and how do you like it?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

i have the con ofe in mine and i love it. the pedal is like stock the engagement is like stock but it holds all the power i can throw at it so far. if you are going to buy a new clutch i would ask you to think about how much power you plan to have and then decide which is right for you. a single or a dual disc. but as for pedal pressure mine is just like stock.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:29 AM

Good advice Rob, think of how much power I want to end up with, then decide on clutch. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:01 PM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

Just like stock if not better. I love mine!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nelrod
How does Southbend clutch pedal feel and overall driveability, if you still haul and pull stuff with your truck? I've only got 700 ft. lbs. now and want my cluthch to last a while. Then I'm thinking about a Smarty, can I stack it with my Quad Race. One last question for you hotrodders. Does the rattle the box makes hurt anything? Oh, hey Wap, did you get your Glacier Walbro on and how do you like it?

Looks like we are both heading in the same direction. My clutch is not holding my power, and looking at an upgrade, and so far, seems everyone is pointing to the South Bend. Also, I did the Walbro like Wap was going to do (or did). My pics are in my Personal Photo Gallery ( I do not know how to post them in the thread here, or I would) I did mine last weekend, and holding 20-22PSI, and will not budge under heavy throttle, holding pressure all the way through. My stock lift pump was 2-3PSI @ idle, and 0 under boost
Old 01-20-2007, 05:52 PM

The clutch pedal feel with my DD isnt bad, just slightly more firm than the stocker. I gotta say though that when first it was installed it was very still even with the new hydrolics they sell. Then a clutch fork popped off (a rare case) and now that I had it fixed (Peter did the work for free at the shop closest to me, thanks again) it feels great. Not sure if it came off from a faulty install (had a local shop install it) and that was why it was so stiff also or what.

On a side note I here that SBC has a new quiet DD out that is supposed to work the same only without the rattle.

On your ? about the quad I have read on here that people are using them but only on the even numbered levels same as the Edge juice.