3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to change sparkplugs? Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Why do I have a feeling your not joking.
I wouldn't Edit ya BigBlue, your my favorite turd
Old 09-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Banned

Glad to know I'm appreciated.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Flashdancr
As far as the spark plug gap there isn’t any! Don’t you guys ever read the directions? The directions plainly state to straighten the prong in a 180-degree angle from the plug. They’re only bent over so they will fit in that little box.
After I bent those prongs out at 180 degrees I went ahead and took those little metal caps off the other end. You know where the threads were exposed. And then I hooked my Edge Juice right up to that. I know the directions said not to do that, but I don't care. If something goes wrong, I'll just hook it all back up right and take it to the dealer.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DSLRammin
You won't believe what my dealer recommends us Canuckle heads to do here, He said to install 3 more block heaters and keep them pugged in, he said this will keep the battery charged up for those cold morning starts. I told him I didn't have the hybrid cummings option, and that my truck sleeps with me in my bedroom, I told him, just throw a set of twin trannies in and rotate the diff and I'll be on my way. I'm telling ya, there are some real winners out there!!
Don't you diesel heads know anything? The problem with using so many block heaters at once is that is would produce an inverse reactive current which causes unilateral phase defractance. Basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interaction of magneto reluctance and capacitive duractance. The original block had a baseplate of prefabulated ammulite surmounted by a malleable logarithimic casing in such a way that the two swearving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fam. The lineup consisted mainly of 6 hydo-copic marsial vains so fitted to the ambafashant lunar wingshaft so that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus –o-deltoid type place in the panandermic semi-boloid slots of the stator. Every seventh conductor being connected by a non-conductive trimi pipe to the differential dirdle spring on the up end of the graham meters. This is called the Retro-Incabulator.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Tire Hater

There ya go 4x4dually, I loved that video! I can't believe you actually typed it out [laughs]
Old 09-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Banned

Edit, you gots a big stinkin brain, them dang words are too big for my marble sized brain...............but great post, that explains everything, I was always thinking it was the garblefoober...............dang I WAS WAY OFF!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by John Rodriguez
There ya go 4x4dually, I loved that video! I can't believe you actually typed it out [laughs]
John, I wish I had a dollar for every time I paused the video. First I'd laugh, them try to type the words, laugh some more, and then replay it to get what I missed. I knew someone here would have seen that one! The didle spring gets me everytime!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4x4dually
John, I wish I had a dollar for every time I paused the video. First I'd laugh, them try to type the words, laugh some more, and then replay it to get what I missed. I knew someone here would have seen that one! The didle spring gets me everytime!
Ok, I'll bite. What video?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Tire Hater

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/retro.html

That video
Old 09-22-2005, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by John Rodriguez

Ok,, I must have joined the wrong forum.. The truck in that video doesn't look anything like the one I have. Sorry for wasting all of your guys time with my obviously misdirected questions, seeing as were are talking apples and oranges here from what I can tell. Thanks anyway for all your help over the past few months..
Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 AM
Chapter President

STOP POSTING ALL THESE DO-IT-YOURSELF TIPS!!! We might get some rookie trying to rotate his headlights, deflambulize the widget convector, or even attempt to thread his sparkplugs in through the turbo - something only TRAINED TECHS should do!

If any non-certified types have gotten the bug and performed ANY of these Top Secret (DC) tricks on his CTD, do NOT start the engine - without adding one gallon of Rebuild Inna Can to the Plasma Box, and topping of the Muffler Bearing Lubrication hopper (located just south of the Zimmerstein roller) - this will save you a LOT of grief (and extend your warranty, DC adds 200K to your current mileage, Bumper-to-Bumper, 195K for trucks with serious mods)
Old 09-22-2005, 06:32 AM

Rotation

Also all this talk about the motor, don't forget when you rotate your tires front to back, you have to move your spare tire from the back to the front. I found no place to mount it up front so I just bolted it to the hood. Now i look like I belong in the African Safari Plain