3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help! Truck won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At lunch the factory temp gauge pegged so I disconnected the MAP and temp sensor from the Commander. Luckily, it wasn't raining. I can't imagine I'll have any more problems since I'll be running with the new Quad-supplied sensors only.

I'm suspicious that the Commander may have been interfering with the MAP sensor signal to the ECM even when the Xzillaraider was hooked up, possibly causing my starting problem. I know, it's a reach.

My plan is to run it as-is for at least 2 weeks and add components one at a time to eliminate variables.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:43 PM

Since it's been 2 weeks since I've had a starting problem, I hooked up the Xzillaraider. The Commander is still running with just the tranny temp and EGT sensors attached. This morning, I noticed the Commander "gauge headings", for lack of a better title, have odd characters next to, and below, the actual names, so it definitely has issues.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:38 AM

Tuesday, 3/13, I called Quad's tech support and spoke to Rourke (sp?). I told him what had been going on with both my starting issues and the weird Commander activity. He said to check all the Commander plugs, including the pin heights in them and also asked where I had it grounded. It was grounded on the firewall on a large nutted stud on an aluminum plate of some sort. He said they've had problems with grounding there and suggested moving it to the knee panel, between the panel and the bracket.

I've had zero problems since, with weird Commander activity or not starting. I've still not hooked up the taps to the factory sensors (coolant and MAP), but we all know how flaky things act when a ground isn't right. I'll probably hook those back up soon.