3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

H2O Meth

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 04:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone ever used a fuel additive other than methanol in a water/meth injection system? Such as acetone?
Old 11-20-2006, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8R
Has anyone ever used a fuel additive other than methanol in a water/meth injection system? Such as acetone?

You just want to inject something in your truck dont you!! Lol Nitro, acetone geez
Old 11-20-2006, 04:09 PM

I have heard of some people running acetone as a diesel fuel additive to break down the surface tension of the diesel, allowing a smaller "atomized" particals. Maybe running acetone in this system would prove the same results?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
You just want to inject something in your truck dont you!! Lol Nitro, acetone geez
Think of me as the mad scientist

So far, nitrous oxide to build off-idle boost, water/(?) to keep EGTs reasonable with too much fuel at RPM, and nitro to punch a nice cylinder head-shaped hole in the hood for a ram-air scoop

The ? is for the acetone; it readily mixes with water,combusts well (need to check the specific heat) and is readily available at a reasonable price. Denatured alchohol is cheap before you factor in the wasted pressure pumps it causes, and methanol ain't cheap to start with...

Originally Posted by pooperscooper
I have heard of some people running acetone as a diesel fuel additive to break down the surface tension of the diesel, allowing a smaller "atomized" particals. Maybe running acetone in this system would prove the same results?
I already mix acetone with silver PS for the surface tension effect, but this would be a far higher concentration.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:23 PM

Has anyone else made there own h2o/meth kit? If it works well, you cant go wrong with the price.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
That's my impression as well...
Where is the data to back that up??

My coolingmist is activated via boost, egt, map voltage, etc(combination of any previous)... adjustable on the fly, user defined injection maps in addition to the 10 predefined injection maps.

My only concern with coolingmists kit may be their nozzles? Not sure how they compare to snow's, but I believe snows are larger...

From what I hear coolingmist system seems to be more reliable in not allowing non-pressurized water drip through the nozzles and cause engine damage. (See thread started a couple days ago on this subject)
If I am wrong let me know, but dont post "snow is better" and leave it at that....
Old 07-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

xl8tr has his own water/meth setup, shoot him a pm
Old 07-22-2007, 10:09 AM

Brian, please note that I posted that comment almost 10 months ago, based on what other users had reported up to that time.

I didn't say that Snow's system was better, or I would've stated the reason(s) why...

Cooling Mist obviously is a fine product, and I'm glad it's worked so well on your truck.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bnold
From what I hear coolingmist system seems to be more reliable in not allowing non-pressurized water drip through the nozzles and cause engine damage. (See thread started a couple days ago on this subject)
Most of the water/meth kits come with either a solenoid or a checkvalve to prevent siphoning. I know Coolingmist and DevilsOwn use a checkvalve with a preset "cracking" pressure for this very reason.

For some odd reason it seems like Snow doesn't offer one. They have a comment on their website that says "Check valve is not required when using pumps that were purchased after September 2005. All new pumps now include an internal check valve rated to 60 psi." IMO that is not the best way to do it. I would still install a proper checkvalve right before the injectors for the following reasons.

- It will eliminate the possibility of siphoning water into your engine.
- It will help keep the line primed right up to the injectors, so you get almost instant response when the system kicks on.
- When the system does first kick on you will get better atomization because the minimum pressure the injectors will see is 20-30psi (whatever the cracking pressure is).
- The checkvalve will also prevent extended dripping/draining once the pump turns off.
- Last but not least, it keeps the boost pressure from backing all the way up the line.

IMO every water/meth setup needs a proper checkvalve or a solenoid to be safe. I think Coolingmist recently came out with some solenoid-controlled injectors that would take the place of a checkvalve or standalone solendoid. I think even with that setup I would still throw a checkvalve in there just to be safe.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:40 PM

If you want a good kit that is half of the price of snow and others check out devils own.http://www.alcohol-injection.com/ The diesel kit is 325 bucks and uses the same pump as all the others. It is fully digital and simple to use. I am running one and it is awesome! 300 degrees cooler when activated. Oh and "heet" is 100% meth. Couple of bottles is all it takes to mix with H2O.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:23 PM

Has anyone made up there own kit with EMCs instructions?
Old 02-27-2008, 12:14 PM

Bump,bump,bump
Old 02-27-2008, 01:09 PM

i still use mine all the time and is working great, if you check out my links on the parts i used and then check the parts in xlr8r kit you can see he uses some of that stuff that i mentioned. hang on i will go outside and take some pics and post them on here (like i said i would do two years ago)
on mine i just use an arming switch that turns on the pump to build pressure then the pump automatically shuts down when it reaches 100 psi, while that is going on the same switch activates the boost sensor and when it reads 20 lbs. it opens the syloniod and sprays, and when it sprays the pump knows the pressure dropped below 100 and kicks back on, i don't do anything but turn on the switch and it manages itself
Old 02-27-2008, 01:41 PM

I've got the snow stage 3. How exactly do you tune it to get the most noticable power and cooling? I've just been using washer fluid, and I honestly haven't noticed any difference at all. I might run 50 degrees cooler with it on, and I don't notice any power gain at all. I'd like to get it to where I notice 800 dollars worth of difference because right now i'm regretting buying it
Old 02-27-2008, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by mcolectd
I've got the snow stage 3. How exactly do you tune it to get the most noticable power and cooling? I've just been using washer fluid, and I honestly haven't noticed any difference at all. I might run 50 degrees cooler with it on, and I don't notice any power gain at all. I'd like to get it to where I notice 800 dollars worth of difference because right now i'm regretting buying it
try bigger nozzles on your kit. I am running devilsown kit and I see about 350 degree cooling I am running a 14 gph nozzle and a 12 gph nozzle and the washer fluid tank does not take long to empty. controller adjustable in cab and only 400 bucks.

Quick Reply: H2O Meth