3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

H2 Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H2 Wheels

I found a pair of H2 wheels for sale and have some questions.

1. Are there any issues with the H2 wheels not having the same "load rating" at the stockers?

2. I would only put stock size tires or slightly bigger on the H2 wheels. Do they look good with these smaller sizes?

3. What is a good price for a new set of wheels?

4. How much modification is needed to fit the Dodge lugs. I would probably bring them to a machine shop, but how much information do I need to convey to them in case they're not familiar with wheels etc.?

5. Approximate cost to powder coat wheels?

P.S. they're not "chrome" but the regular aluminum color.

TIA
Old 06-07-2006, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LanceK
I found a pair of H2 wheels for sale and have some questions.

1. Are there any issues with the H2 wheels not having the same "load rating" at the stockers?
I don't know. But I doubt it since they are an 8-lug wheel.

2. I would only put stock size tires or slightly bigger on the H2 wheels. Do they look good with these smaller sizes?
I think they look good with 285/70-17 and larger. The 265's don't look good on any rim when put under such a large truck!

3. What is a good price for a new set of wheels?
I bought mine off of Ebay for $100, but I had to pick them up (they happened to be local). Most pay a bit more. I'd say the average cost is $200.

4. How much modification is needed to fit the Dodge lugs. I would probably bring them to a machine shop, but how much information do I need to convey to them in case they're not familiar with wheels etc.?
To fit the Dodge all you need to do is have the center hole machined to 4.774". Other than that they bolt right on.

5. Approximate cost to powder coat wheels?
I was quoted $50-$70 per wheel, including any sandblasting and required cleaning or stripping. A typical wheel with in-stock colors would be $50, whereas special order colors and/or wheels that couldn't be blasted and cleaned in-house would be $70.