3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Got my SPS66

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've listened to Brock, among others here and at II... Silver62 in my near future.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trik396
I've listened to Brock, among others here and at II... Silver62 in my near future.
I hope it works well for you trik, and i think with the fueling you have it "should" light pretty quick. If not there's always nitrous YA BUDDY!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:24 PM

Brock what do you think of industrials towing twins? I am really wanting to go with twins and looking pretty hard at II's. Or what do you recommend for my mods

II's Cp3
Fluxs 2
Glacier pump
Scheid cam
Scheid port
fire ringed
14mm studs
fluid damper
tight Goerend bros trann/tc
Old 02-28-2007, 10:37 PM

I get that surge with my silver62 also, but I have learned to drive around it. It was a bit of a pain to begin with, but not so bad now, just add more HP,, lol

Kevin
Old 03-01-2007, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Snoxracer
Brock what do you think of industrials towing twins? I am really wanting to go with twins and looking pretty hard at II's. Or what do you recommend for my mods

II's Cp3
Fluxs 2
Glacier pump
Scheid cam
Scheid port
fire ringed
14mm studs
fluid damper
tight Goerend bros trann/tc
They are a very good setup and they look awsome as well but with your mods you could go with the bigbrother on the bottom instead of the k31, that would be a wicked set up.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by brockdieseldude
They are a very good setup and they look awsome as well but with your mods you could go with the bigbrother on the bottom instead of the k31, that would be a wicked set up.
How do they spool and drive, and what is the bigbrother anyway? I have heard people talk about them but never quite knew what it is? And with the big brother would that be their racing twins set up?

Also sorry for using this thread for my questions I hope that is ok?

Snoxracer
Old 03-01-2007, 06:36 AM
wap

No problem, please use this thread I got a lot to learn too.

I will admit, I havent had a chance to run from 0 to as fast as I want but I was hopin this truck would be stronger than it is. I realize that manuals are not as fast as autos and that is fine but the truck just doesnt feel THAT much faster than before the turbo.

I will do some more tunin and drivin but it just doesnt feel like what I thought a 500 hp truck would feel like. My egts are actin up too. My isspro and tst guages read about the same until I floor it then the tst jumps about 200-300 degrees hotter than the isspro, and I dont know which one is accurate. My boost is still a little high too. With the tt03 I am hittin 50 and tt05 I am gettin 48. I would like to get it down a few more lbs before I really flog on it.

Like I said before, I dont necessarily recomend this turbo for everyone as most "turbo guys" say that this turbo may be too big for a lot but for me it is just right, for right now.

Robert, if you dont like this turbo I would be very suprised, and like you said I think the G56 has a lot to do with it, however cruisin I am right at 1900 rpms and no surgin yet.

Maybe this is an isolated case but so far I like it.

On edit, how far does the oil drain tube go back into the block?

I have pushed as hard as I can but I can still see one O ring.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:35 AM

wap,

The thing about the SPS66 I found with the 03tt is that once you give it enough fuel to light and hard throttle good it does not stop until it hits the wastegate. I would think on the 6spd it is harder to maintain boost levels than on an auto. You are carrying a little extra weight also. I know when I run with just the TST/EZ and no downloader mine seems kind of sluggish. I think this has more to do with torque management on an auto, so don't know if it would be the same on a 6spd.

See how it drives with just the standard TST and lower mp8. See if EGTs stay more parallel with that level stack.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 AM

On my truck with both the TT03 and TT05 programs it would spool to 60psi or so and settle at 55psi until I shifted.

My preference was to drive with the TT05 at 5/3 or 6/3 and use about 50%-60% on the MP-8 to aid in spooling.

My favorite combo, however, was running the Smarty on any level, and using the MP-8 to dial up the power. My truck pulled the hardest with the Smarty/MP-8 stack. I swear it pulled like my old 5.0 Mustang. (It kind of did, as I was running high 14's with the '03)

The best dyno with the SPS66 was 555/960 uncorrected, running the TST standard program on 7x7 combined with the BDDL on tow.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by brockdieseldude
If your going over 650 get a sliver bullet anything under go with a silver 62 or a super 62 but that my opinion.
I agree with that. If I want over 650, I will go with the k31/aurora 5k. greyrig made 807 on fuel and that tells me where the big numbers are. he also has huge injectors and hardcore scary larry. I had a silver bullet and sold it to a guy here on dtr he seems to like it. lots of ppl say the 62 is the way to go. I know morkable made nice numbers with his. 632 is very respectable and that would be plenty to outrun some locals around here.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 AM

This is true. There is trucks with way more HP than me, and it really is depending on where you want your truck to go. When I started building mine, I was aiming for high 500's I missed my mark,,lol,, but I am not going to look for much more. I think that after I put in the upgraded cp3, and maybe, just maybe with this upgraded pred tune I might hit 675, which is plenty for me for my purposes. All I have been looking for is the ultimate towing setup, and I feel that I am pretty close

Kevin
Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Banned

I regularly drive my buddies truck which has chip intake and exhaust and drive mine, his truck is faster at first but that stock turbo just gives out quickley when mine is just getting started. The high end is where you really see my turbo perform.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
wap

Originally Posted by JCLeary
On my truck with both the TT03 and TT05 programs it would spool to 60psi or so and settle at 55psi until I shifted.

My preference was to drive with the TT05 at 5/3 or 6/3 and use about 50%-60% on the MP-8 to aid in spooling.

My favorite combo, however, was running the Smarty on any level, and using the MP-8 to dial up the power. My truck pulled the hardest with the Smarty/MP-8 stack. I swear it pulled like my old 5.0 Mustang. (It kind of did, as I was running high 14's with the '03)

The best dyno with the SPS66 was 555/960 uncorrected, running the TST standard program on 7x7 combined with the BDDL on tow.
So you ran JUST the smarty and mp8? No tst?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I am gonna go out after work and test it. It is raining too so it may be hard to get traction.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by wap
So you ran JUST the smarty and mp8? No tst?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I am gonna go out after work and test it. It is raining too so it may be hard to get traction.
Yeah, I preferred to leave the TST on timing advance only, about 3° to 6° depending on how much I trusted my head gasket that day .

Usually I had the Smarty on the timing programs, most often 5 or 7. 9 I found to be a bit smoky. Totally fun, though, when the smoke is "needed."

I would use the MP-8 when I needed the extra push. Out of all the box combos I've tried, my fave is definitely a Smarty with the MP-8. So smooth, and pulled like nothing else I've tried.

The Smarty is great with the EZ, too, but on my '03 the EZ is not adjustable, so It wasn't my cup of tea.

Don't get me wrong, the TST is great, but I don't like the fact that it fuels based on boost. It's a bit too peaky for me. The Smarty torque curve is very flat. Pressure just moves the curve upward.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Banned

man with all of that said i cant wait to see what i dyno with the sps66 when i get it. if i did whats in my sig on the stocker at 40psi i wonder how the sps will do at 50 psi. i have to say so far to date my best combo has been my smarty stacked with the VA 3.1 but i have never tried the mp8 i may have too. i also have a set of injectors so my spool time should be pretty good. this has proven to be a very helpfull thread. thanks

Quick Reply: Got my SPS66