3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Goerend Trans/HTT 62/71/13ss Test Ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goerend Trans/HTT 62/71/13ss Test Ride!!!

Well just got the truck back from the shop yesterday getting the Goerend and HTT 62/71/13SS!!! Cant say I was impressed as I thought I would be, but Im highly impressed. I still need my quad box switched to X2, head studs, and injectors...possibly a CP3 cause I could use some more fuel/power down low to get the turbo spooling quicker. Other than that she really skin's er bak!!

The goerend I could immediately tell was in there. As soon as you put it in gear, you can feel it really go into gear good. The thing shifts flawlessly, however it doesnt feel too terribly different than how a stock one performs other than it shift correctly and holds the power. It does shift harder, just not as hard as I was expecting.

The turbo is awesom...but like I said it needs more fuel than the mods I have can give it! It spools a bit slower than I expected after reading all the threads on here, but once it lites......your outta there!

I loaded the Smarty beta 4.4 on lvl 9 (hasnt come off yet) and took her for a spin. The first few times I tried boosted launches, it wouldn't build enough boost to get a good launch. Im thinking this is because I didnt have my quad w/ boost fooler on there yet. I used the old trick of fooling it manually by pumping the throttle and finally let a good run fly. This was 2wd, but she spun up and lit the tires through about 3 maybe 4 gears......and didnt quit spinning till she was going about 60mph or so. I mean it spun like crazy and it felt like my tires were starting to lop! AWESOME!!!

The only downside to doing all of these mods is now I just want more...I thought Id be happy for a while, and I might be..but now I want more fuel!!

All in all it turned out great, not as crazy as I expected, but enough power to please! Would I do it again.....YES, would it be the first thing I do next time.....probably not!
Old 03-30-2008, 05:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What TM are you running on your Smarty? Turbo should light quicker using moderate or Wild TM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:56 PM

he must not have it on wild TQ management,cause it should light that turbo up pretty quick.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:05 PM
trx

i think the beta 4.4 is moderate TQ management
Old 03-30-2008, 08:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The beta 4.4 is more wild than 4.11 wild, I can tell you that. It ramps up the rail pressure aggressively, and smokes crazy!

BossHogg, get you some pressure in there and you should like it! My turbo spools quicker now that its broke in, so don't get too down yet.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:24 PM

If you dont mind me asking who did you guys get your HTT 62/71/13ss from online?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:32 PM

Got mine from Lloyd Mills at an excellent price. Just pm him (lmills) and let him know. He will get you set up.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:58 PM

Thanks...went ahead and PM'd Lloyd.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:32 PM

Im not down at all....it runs great. I know once I get my quad box sqaured away it will add the pressure Im needing.

Im really liking the setup, I know I need more fuel though!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine loosened up and it lights perty good now. Give it time.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:49 AM

Congrats Boss on getting it all in! You went thru James right? I am jealous of your new turbo!! That is next up on my list.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by BossHogg
Im not down at all....it runs great. I know once I get my quad box sqaured away it will add the pressure Im needing.

Im really liking the setup, I know I need more fuel though!
How are your egt's?

If you are running after market turbo program, you should not need a boost fooler?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would have thought the Smarty would be more than enough to light that turbo from what I've read.... My setup seems to light my larger turbo quicker than stock on it's highest setting (230hp) and that's without the VA or Quad to help out....
Your 35" tires are probably hurting you some too...
Old 03-31-2008, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Congrats Boss on getting it all in! You went thru James right? I am jealous of your new turbo!! That is next up on my list.

Spill the beans, who did the install? Are you completely satisfied so far w/ the work?
Old 03-31-2008, 11:44 AM

Yes James did the install and he did a great job. Nobody should worry about going to James, he know's what he's doing and how to make his customers happy.

Anyhow, it is running great. I was unaware that turbo's take time to break in, so I'll be patient. Its not so bad, but leaves a bit to be desired on spool up.

I would reccomend this turbo to anyone wanting to be in the zone I am in now. Once it does spool the lag is forgotten!! I will do some tweaking and get it dialed in so that it performs the way I want. Its almost there!

Once I get injectors I dont think spooling probs will be even the slightest issue!

Quick Reply: Goerend Trans/HTT 62/71/13ss Test Ride!!!