3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

which gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have the new dipricols and have the same problem with the trans. guage almost looks purplish at night, but the other ones (boost and pyro are fine) they match great
Old 04-18-2006, 06:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Autometer Ultralights

I've had my ultralights from Geno's for a couple of weeks now. Easy install and no problems so far. They almost match the OEM Dodge ones (aluminum background instead of white).

Old 04-18-2006, 07:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
On the Isspro guages you will need to take a black majic marker to the bulbs of the boost and Fuel Pressure gauge to match you Pyro. The Pyro uses 2 T-5 bulbs and is not as bright. Just take the bulb out, start on one side and draw a black line over top the bulb to the other side. Don't use a pencil point maker. Use the reg. one that has about a 1/8 in wide tip. Worked great for me. At night all three guages look spot on as far as brightness. If you get the Tranny Temp gauge it uses 2 T-5 bulbs also so it is not as bright. Hope this helps solve an issue before it becomes one.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:19 PM

thanks for all the info guys
Old 04-18-2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by 06inferno
i have the new dipricols and have the same problem with the trans. guage almost looks purplish at night, but the other ones (boost and pyro are fine) they match great
I'm glad you feel it is a problem too, in that I was told I was the only one who found it to be a problem by several involved. Should be interesting to see how long it takes to get re-engineered from the factory and make it to the shelves.

It is an ugly purple isn’t it.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:31 PM

Just wrapping up my install. I much prefer the Di Pricol gauges to any others just in looks. I don't seem to have any buzz with the boost gauge.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Benson
Just wrapping up my install. I much prefer the Di Pricol gauges to any others just in looks. I don't seem to have any buzz with the boost gauge.
I'm deciding on gauges mseld and gotta say the Dri Picol's look the closest to the factory gauges, Trying to decide od I-pilar or the mount above the mirror, either way I want the mount to match, don't want the hassles of painting it with the black showing through every time you scratch it.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:16 AM

im deciding where to mount the gauges in my truck as well...where do you route the wires and tubes to get them over the mirror if thats where i decide to mount them and how much of a PITA is to do so.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 AM

The A-pillar mount that came with my kit from Dieselmanor.com was moulded the factory colour so even if you scratched it, it will just be a scratch in that colour. My gallery has pictures.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:44 AM

Brad, from what I've read the wires tuck up under the headliner.

CR, looking at your pics, did you drop the turbo to drill for the pyro? Drilling and tapping that hole is the part that scares me, some people have said to have a friend fire it up a couple times as your drilling/tapping to blow the filings out the hole your drilling.

Also, what's the fuel tank vent issue? Is there a fix for filling up the tank without getting all the foaming? I swear, after the pupm shuts off it takes me 10 minutes to fill it up so I can see the fuel in the neck, what a pain!
Old 04-19-2006, 10:37 AM

I did drop the turbo slightly as I am ****...I didn't remove it, I just undid the 4 nuts and pushed down as much as possible (relatively gently) to allow to put some cardboard between manifold and turbo. I was able to safely get ALL the shavings out this way and did not need to worry about a broken drill bit or tap doing major damage (which was more my major concern).

The fuel tank emissions vent has been an issue for every long box truck I have seen. Even the newer trucks with the supossed fix is garbage in my opinion. The issue is that there are 2 vents on the top of the tanks that are vented to atmpshpere and are unused on our trucks (other than they let water dirt and gunk into the tank). Gas trucks use the same tanks and these fittings are used for various emissions devices and are essentially sealed and filtered. My fix was to put 3/8" fuel rated hose on each fitting connected with a 'T' fitting and a single hose run up near the fuel filler neck with a cheap fuel filter on it to filter and air that needs to go into the tank. If you plug the fittings the tank will develope a Vacuum as fuel is depleted and can cause some strain on the lift pump, using a filter allows air to flow and also does not allow dirt or water (which is why I mounted near fuel filler area...higher up). It has nothing to do with faster filling...that is the fuel vent mod that most people refer to.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Banned

I haven't read through everyone's responses so somebody may have said this already. You can get LED bulbs for gauges, I put blue in mine and it matches really well. You can also mess with the bulb cover. Everyone who gets in my truck asks how I got the gauges to match.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:40 PM

Out of curiosity where did you get your LED's? Would be a cool conversion and if it worked in any gauge the it would be even nicer!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:00 AM

PDR (Piers Diesel) up here in BC won't get anymore Di Pricol gauges in after they run out of stock, even when I asked them if they would install some "Optix" for me.

Anyone know of any "issues" with that brand?

Valley Fuel Injection (aka B&D) said they'd never heard of them and tried to sell me Stewart Warner after showing them to me on the S-W website. I was slightly less than impressed...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:29 AM

Like I've said before....go to Dieselmanor.com and order the gauges of your choice complete as a package. And I mean COMPLETE! as the kit comes with EVERYTHING! Dave there is great to deal with. Unfortunately being you are a fellow Canadian you will have to call and order instead of doing it online but it is still worth it. I got mine from there and don't regret it. The price after shipping, tax and difference of the dollar was comparable to anything local.

Quick Reply: which gauges?