3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gauges - 2006 Dash Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauges - 2006 Dash Mount?

I've searched all over and visited most of the popular CTD suppliers but can't find what I'm looking for...

I'm looking for a dash mount, under the radio in the bottom (3rd) cubby hole, for 3 gauges. I see them for 05 and down but nothing for the 06 and up. I don't want to loose my grab handle on the A pillar as I like using it to haul my large carcass into the truck.

I have the Quadzilla box and was going to install their nifty Commander but I'm a bit apprehensive about such a permanent setup because of warranty issues, I can pull the computer and harness in a few minutes as it is now but drilling the exhaust manifold and down pipe, not counting all of the wiring involved is pretty much a permanent setup and will not be easy to hide/remove from the dealership.

So I'm must thinking about a set of gauges and keep the simple rotary ****/quick removal setup I have now.

I'd appreciate any input or sources you guys may have.

Thanks,
Old 03-15-2007, 08:49 PM

I just came inside from mounting an Isspro EGT w/an Isspro bullet mount in that same spot. It is facing up towards my head. I will post photos soon. It is against the far left of the cubby hole so the 6 speed shifter does not hit it. I got a boost gauge too, but I can't decide where to put it. In an automatic one could put it right next to the other gauge, but not with a manual.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:48 PM

I'd love to see it. Where did you get the bullet mount?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by American
I've searched all over and visited most of the popular CTD suppliers but can't find what I'm looking for...

I'm looking for a dash mount, under the radio in the bottom (3rd) cubby hole, for 3 gauges. I see them for 05 and down but nothing for the 06 and up. I don't want to loose my grab handle on the A pillar as I like using it to haul my large carcass into the truck.

I have the Quadzilla box and was going to install their nifty Commander but I'm a bit apprehensive about such a permanent setup because of warranty issues, I can pull the computer and harness in a few minutes as it is now but drilling the exhaust manifold and down pipe, not counting all of the wiring involved is pretty much a permanent setup and will not be easy to hide/remove from the dealership.

So I'm must thinking about a set of gauges and keep the simple rotary ****/quick removal setup I have now.

I'd appreciate any input or sources you guys may have.

Thanks,
They don't make one... The cubby hole in the 06 is half the size of the cubby hole in the 05's..
Old 03-15-2007, 11:59 PM

I contacted Dieselmanor and asked them if they had bullit mounts. They said yes so I got 2 of them, they are made by Isspro as well. Luvnacummins, I am talking about the open area right in front of the shifter boot on a manual transmission. You are right, the knick-knack cubby hole on the 06 is much narrower than the 04 I had.

I am still looking for my camera so I can show you guys.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jmccart
I contacted Dieselmanor and asked them if they had bullit mounts. They said yes so I got 2 of them, they are made by Isspro as well. Luvnacummins, I am talking about the open area right in front of the shifter boot on a manual transmission. You are right, the knick-knack cubby hole on the 06 is much narrower than the 04 I had.

I am still looking for my camera so I can show you guys.
Get me a pic if you can. I have a great idea for a guage cluster in that area. I would like to see what you did..

Shane