3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gale Banks comments in 4 wheel& off road

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gale Banks comments in 4 wheel& off road

Okay, I know the guy has got the worlds fastest diesel but....His coments kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Here they are - "No longer will the 'smoke boys' be able to sell their 'gross polluting' products. It's going to take some smarts to design products that do not violate these emissions systems yet improve performance. Of course, the 'smoke boys' will try, and may even cheat. But I predict only those with the technical and engineering knowledge will survive. Old-school hacking and overfueling was stupid in the past and idiotic in the future. As for Banks, this is a market we will produce products for."
LIKE YOU ARE THE ONLY MAN THAT KNOWS HOW TO MAKE A DIESEL RUN! Whats up with this guy. Please remind me not to even consider buying anything from Banks ever. I know there are some guys running his stuff on here and I am not cutting you and I am not cutting the product. What I am cutting is his nose in the air, high hatting attitude towards anyone not running his crap. Let me know what you think guys. I have taken about all I can handle on all this global warming, carbon emitting BS and him saying I am an idiot just put me over the top.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:17 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with ya, but the more I read the above and the more I think about it the madder I will become, so I will try and think of something else. And speeking of global warming, anybody notice the temps in the southeast lately?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by wap
I agree with ya, but the more I read the above and the more I think about it the madder I will become, so I will try and think of something else. And speeking of global warming, anybody notice the temps in the southeast lately?

I am way more mad that his coments insinuate that if you are making power any other way than his way that you are stupid and an idiot. I am not reading anything in to this. Its right there in black and white
Old 04-11-2007, 07:37 PM

the guy must be doing something right..
Old 04-11-2007, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by nfsommer
the guy must be doing something right..
Thats why I said I know hes got the fastest diesel truck but he dosent have to call people stupid and idiots-basically he is calling you one.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:55 PM

I would like to see him produce a 180-200hp downloader/box without making smoke. I'm not saying that he can't but he won't. That must be why his six gun puts around 85hp to the ground. Tree hugging liberal hippy. I don't want to hear about diesel emissions until NASA quits taking joy rides around the moon.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:58 PM

i red this article today to and I thought the exact same thing.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Marino
Okay, I know the guy has got the worlds fastest diesel but....His coments kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Here they are - "No longer will the 'smoke boys' be able to sell their 'gross polluting' products. It's going to take some smarts to design products that do not violate these emissions systems yet improve performance. Of course, the 'smoke boys' will try, and may even cheat. But I predict only those with the technical and engineering knowledge will survive. Old-school hacking and overfueling was stupid in the past and idiotic in the future. As for Banks, this is a market we will produce products for."
LIKE YOU ARE THE ONLY MAN THAT KNOWS HOW TO MAKE A DIESEL RUN! Whats up with this guy. Please remind me not to even consider buying anything from Banks ever. I know there are some guys running his stuff on here and I am not cutting you and I am not cutting the product. What I am cutting is his nose in the air, high hatting attitude towards anyone not running his crap. Let me know what you think guys. I have taken about all I can handle on all this global warming, carbon emitting BS and him saying I am an idiot just put me over the top.
A few comments here:

I didn't know he had the fastest diesel??? Is this true in some way shape or form?

Regardless of Bank's, it is truly sad in a way what has happened emmissions wise for the brand new diesel trucks. I for one don't believe there will be a way to alter these anything like we have experienced. I believe Quad has already hinted at this. No doubt, he is studying this as are others.

I guess I am a stupid 'overfueler' and 'smoke boy'...... I have been called worse on better days.

Good luck Bank's........ Thanks for the education......

Chris(smoke boy)
Old 04-11-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have friends who have been into racing all their lives and they have told me about Banks' cavalier and pompous attitude at the Flats. If you heard their stories you wouldn't be surprised! Craig
Old 04-11-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by CButler610
A few comments here:

I didn't know he had the fastest diesel??? Is this true in some way shape or form?

Regardless of Bank's, it is truly sad in a way what has happened emmissions wise for the brand new diesel trucks. I for one don't believe there will be a way to alter these anything like we have experienced. I believe Quad has already hinted at this. No doubt, he is studying this as are others.

I guess I am a stupid 'overfueler' and 'smoke boy'...... I have been called worse on better days.

Good luck Bank's........ Thanks for the education......

Chris(smoke boy)
Yep - that dakota pushed out like 222 mph or something like that.