3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

few questions on my 03 HO

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
few questions on my 03 HO

Ok guys got a few questions for yah,

First its not a big deal but wondering if anyone else has a hard time pulling there filter minder down. I have taken mine out and it works when I test it, even put a cardboard cut out under the filter (so it would have to pull through the filter) and gave it a little throttle and it worked, but under WOT it wont budge it. So either my paper filter works good, or these engines dont pull enough cfm to mess with the minder.

I did a box mod, and made a nice pvc tube to replace the OEM one with the baffles, and taken out the silencer ring, the turbo has a nice sound, but nothing like my twin turbo stealth, course its not stock either hehe.

I want to replace the muffler for now, I will do the exhaust in steps as I get more money, paying cash for the truck put a damper on my fun money for awhile lol. I am looking for a good free flowing, muffler that will not drone, and not to loud. This truck is my daily driver and road trip vehical now. I made the mistake on my stealth of doing a massive exhaust, lowering it, big turbos, and its a blast to drive, but after a few hours your head goes numb.

So please any advice on the minder and on the muffler would be great, if you can give me a link on where to get one of the mufflers that would rock.

Thanks much guys, this place has been awsome on the info so far, really enjoying this site.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned

your probably not moving enough air to cause enough presure drop to move the filter minder. not uncomon on a mild truck
Old 06-09-2007, 05:32 PM

Did you notice a difference with your muffler delete as far as mid range power, and MPG??

My other question is a friend of mine who is big into truck pulls says to go with a 5 inch exhaust even if I am never going to get over 400 hp. He tells me it wont hurt the low/mid range and will help with egts. Comeing from a gas back ground to large a exhaust always hurt our low end, are diesels that much different?? I personally am thinking a 4 inch will be enough, maybe my thinking is flawed. Thanks guys.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 AM

Maybe my first post was to long hehe, I could use some help on a good muffler guys, thanks much.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:32 AM

no muffler is the way to go,its not to loud,