3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fass 150 on a 06

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fass 150 on a 06

I got a fass 150 pump that im planning on installing on a 06 soon, I have a couple of questions.

Is it possible to leave everything stock, just put the fass pump on the frame rail, using stock fuel lines, stock pick up from the tank and everything?

Im not sure, but i think it has a intank pump.

i just bought the pump, with nothing else included, except the wiring harness.

any tips?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it's possible to pull the fuel through the stock intank lift pump. You'll have to remove it or bypass it. And you'll want to upgrade you lines to 1/2", along with a drawstraw install.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:52 PM

The 1/4 tank issue doesnt sound too nice! its not my truck, so i wanna do it good.

is it possible to remove the pump out of the intank fel module? so it wont run out of fuel, when braking or launching with low fuel level.

where should i install the draw straw?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by 12valve
The 1/4 tank issue doesnt sound too nice! its not my truck, so i wanna do it good.

is it possible to remove the pump out of the intank fel module? so it wont run out of fuel, when braking or launching with low fuel level.

where should i install the draw straw?

I haven't done this mod yet, only been researching it. For the real skinny on the AD 150 install, PM 53Willy's. He knows alot on this subject.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:01 AM

If you got the 100 you woulda been able to use the stock draw tube of the stock canister if you removed the factory pump from it. That's what I did with my AD100 except I swapped the factory canister for a Liberty unit. Either way there's a restriction limiting the diameter to about ¼" at the 90 going through the top which is too restrictive for the 150 (so I hear).

I plumbed the AD return to my filler neck so now I'm still sucking the canister dry when I get down to ¼ tank so I need to put a draw straw into the canister for the AD return so it's filling up the canister.
With your FASS 150 I'd remove the pump from the canister and use the factory supply line as your FASS return and put a draw straw into the canister to feed your Fass, so yours will be the same as mine except the feed and returns will be reversed. Just make sure your draw straw goes right to the bottom of the canister and you should be good. If you need the Dorman fitting you can get it here:
http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/pr...?pf_id=800-082

I'd recommend the draw straws with bulkhead fittings instead of the ones with grommets which I don't trust for a good seal, especially if you've done the vent mod which means your fuel will be at a higher level than the canister after you fill up.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:52 AM

Why didnt the pump come with any install items? We have a full kit for that year truck. I would HIGHLY suggest looking at getting the correct kit or items to help with the install. Here is the install instructions that gives all the items included and whats involved in the install.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:48 AM

i bought Only the pump (slightly used) and harness in the DTR classifieds.

Fisherguy: thanks for the reply. Im not sure what you mean with fass return line. cant the OEM return line be used? my fass pump only has one inlet and one outlet, like a normal pump? i dont know.
Im not totally getting it, the way you mean it, there doesnt need to be a draw straw? meaning just using stock, just reversing them? sorry im a newbee to this.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:21 AM

Doesn't your FASS have filters attached to it?
If it does there should be 3 outlets, 1 from the tank, 1 to the motor and the other is the return top the tank like shown in Dan's instructions.

If it has no filters there will be an in (from the tank) and an out (to the engine).
Old 06-03-2008, 11:48 AM

Option #2

It has no filters, It's only the pump
Old 06-03-2008, 12:16 PM

AHHHH....so its a HPFP...not a FASS then....ok......

WELL then, you could use the stock lines.....but you will still have to drop the tank and address the in-tank pump. I would, again, suggest looking into dressing the pump out with the following:

WH-1004 (Harness for the 05+ Dodge trucks)
MP-A9016 (HPFP Mounting package for the 05+ Trucks)
FL-1001 (3/8's fuel line, sold by the Ft.)
FF-5079 (144um prestrainer...this is a MUST!!!)
THB-1001 (Top part of hanging bracket)
BHB-1001 (Bottom part of hanging bracket)

Click here to review some suggestions on the install.....
Old 06-03-2008, 05:54 PM

you might as well ditch the stock lift pump and filter setup and go with the complete FASS system. Much better filtration, more fuel, and the filters are much easier to change. Block it off and go with the whole kit. You won't regret it.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:53 PM

I installed mine with a drop tube and 1/2 line all the way to the cp3 and I have run her bone dry and then raced a dmax.......I didn't have any problems like everybody else is having?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:28 AM

Sorry about that DIESEL-DAN It says FASS on the sticker, so thats whre i got it from.

What's this: FF-5079 (144um prestrainer...this is a MUST!!!)??

I made my own special bracket, to make it more quiete. pump hanging on rubber. ran 1/2" line from a home made draw straw to the HPFP and 1/2" to the filter. NOW, I just dont know how to attach it there. the inlet is 3/8"

I disconnected the stock in tank lift pump wire, and wired the HPFP from there.

Is the 150 HPFP overkill for a stock cp3? maybe we'll go to a stage 2 or 3 later.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:52 AM

WELL if you ran 1/2 line....you will need a strainer to keep our pump protected....especially with an open tube in the tank. Any debris that gets into the pump can lock it up or clog up the pressure regulator.

I suggest a NAPA 3248 1/2 inline 144um strainer.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
WELL if you ran 1/2 line....you will need a strainer to keep our pump protected....especially with an open tube in the tank. Any debris that gets into the pump can lock it up or clog up the pressure regulator.

I suggest a NAPA 3248 1/2 inline 144um strainer.

Hmmm, might be an idea for any pump then, even an AirDog I spose?

Quick Reply: Fass 150 on a 06