3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Expandit Co 5" exhaust review

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expandit Co 5" exhaust review

So I was searching through some old wisdom on here and ran across two main candidates for my new 5" turbo back exhaust. After contacting the respective companies, I chose Expandit Co. I can't speak for all the 4"&5" muffler options out there, but for straightpipe systems, I can't find a better price than these two companies. PM me if you would like to know what I paid for this kit. I called Expandit, they shipped my kit that day, and I had it at my garage door two days later.

The kit came with everything I could possibly need. I did not use the two 4-5 reducers, or three of the basic clamps. I'm thinking about doubling up on the clamps on my system depending on how they look after 200-300 miles.
(1st image)

Everything lined up and fit great. No cutting required. This kit uses a hangar that you install a little ahead of the stock muffler hanger. The instructions said MOST trucks will have the holes drilled from the factory and mine did.
(2nd image)

I included a video of my 4" downpipe-back exhaust, and then the complete 5" turbo back. Pertinent mods: MPI twins 62/75, Hamilton 188, Flux 120s, ported bowls, Bully dog crazy larry.
Attached Thumbnails Expandit Co 5" exhaust review-img_0462.jpg   Expandit Co 5" exhaust review-img_0481.jpg